• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Kansas (Night Game Edition)

Moose Stuff

Do you guys really not know why he has called the two timeouts before kickoffs this season?

It’s because we have two players that have to change jerseys or will have duplicates and each player has failed to change in time once

not saying it’s a good reason, but it’s not a mystery by any means

Well it's a mystery if nobody tells you that's what happened. How exactly would we all know that?

Moose Stuff

There should be some "snark". Everybody seems to try so hard to make excuses for Duggan with no more than a rumor.

Watch the throw at the 3:28 mark. Little more length to his arc and way more zip than anything he's thrown lately. And that's not even the best example as he put a little air under that. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I see.

1:50/4:15 ... just a couple more examples . He hasn't really made a throw like either of these since this game.

Last edited:
There should be some "snark". Everybody seems to try so hard to make excuses for Duggan with no more than a rumor.
I’ll leave the snark to you. I base my opinion in my own observation over time not a rumor. There’s no doubt I could be wrong but I think even a casual observer need not try too hard to conclude Duggan’s throwing motion is not the same as last year or earlier this year. The question is whether he’s just forgotten how to do something he’s been doing since Pee-Wee football or there is some physical problem. My opinion is that it’s physical. I expect it won’t be too many days until we know the answer

Last edited:

East Coast

Tier 1

Watch the throw at the 3:28 mark. Little more length to his arc and way more zip than anything he's thrown lately. And that's not even the best example as he put a little air under that. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I see.

1:50/4:15 ... just a couple more examples . He hasn't really made a throw like either of these since this game.

I agree with you. His motion looked a little better today but was still off. Since it has been like this for 2 months, I wouldn't be surprised if surgery is in his future.

Moose Stuff

Sorry, no good notes on GP's post game with Brian on the TCU wrap up. The audio was a bit fuzzy at first. GP did mention how it was good to get one on the road, out of state. Mentioned how the players battled and how we actually had some offensive lineman who did not make the trip, hoping to get some of the guys back by midweek. Mentioned Jenkins and some of the others stepping up. On to next week. Mentioned that the Pokes are a very good team.

Best as I could tell Van Zandt didn't play either and Washington played sparingly. Throw in Daniels, THT (who I also didn't see), and Stewart and you can get some perspective on the Kansas passing game having some success. QJ and Savion were a couple others who didn't play.

Wexahu

Best as I could tell Van Zandt didn't play either and Washington played sparingly. Throw in Daniels, THT (who I also didn't see), and Stewart and you can get some perspective on the Kansas passing game having some success. QJ and Savion were a couple others who didn't play.

LVZ played. Not sure how much but saw him make a tackle.

edit: Not on the stat sheet so maybe I didn’t see what I thought I saw.

Moose Stuff

LVZ played. Not sure how much but saw him make a tackle.

edit: Not on the stat sheet so maybe I didn’t see what I thought I saw.

Yeah, I'm looking at the participation report and THT and LKVZ are both listed as starters but neither made a tackle which is real odd. And Washington only had 2.

flyfishingfrog

Sounds like the special teams coach needs to take the heat for that one...
Really? Do you really think our coaches should have to be a babysitter for every player to the point where a kid who has a role in special teams and knows he has to change jerseys when we kickoff also has to be told to do it each kick?

“Coach” means exactly that - not helicopter babysitter

maybe what we need to do is remove those two from the kick team for someone that doesn’t duplicate or a player that understands their role

Moose Stuff

Really? Do you really think our coaches should have to a babysitter every player to the point where a kid who has a role in special teams and knows he has to change jerseys when we kickoff also has to be told to do it each kick?

“Coach” means exactly that - not helicopter babysitter

maybe what we need to do is remove those two from the kick team for someone that doesn’t duplicate or a player that understands their role

Well coached teams do not have these issues. We have stupid [ Finebaum ] like this all the time.

East Coast

Tier 1
Yeah, I'm looking at the participation report and THT and LKVZ are both listed as starters but neither made a tackle which is real odd. And Washington only had 2.
THT played most of the game. Kansas seemed to stay away from him; but he did get a PI penalty. Bradford definitely started. I thought LKVZ played some, but I'm not sure of it.

flyfishingfrog

Just responding to your comment above about not blaming the coaches. I blame the coaches.
I wasn’t not blaming the coaches - I said requiring a coach to babysit a player to remind him to change jerseys is stupid - get rid of the player immediately and the coach when you can find someone else

but if that is your point of view- then all of our coaches suck in men’s sports

because well coached teams can defend the bunt, execute a hit and run, turn a double play consistently and throw strikes when you are up by 5 and need 2 outs when the only way to lose is to give up free passes

or they don’t consistently shoot around 50% from the FT line year and year, continue to let the worst shooters take 3 pt shots all year, fail to defend the pick, etc...

We have lacked execution consistently in all three the last few years - I think if that is bad coaching or a failure to make it happen by the player is probably something that can only be judged over time - just not sure everyone agrees what that timeframe should be

Diehard

I’ll leave the snark to you. I base my opinion in my own observation over time not a rumor. There’s no doubt I could be wrong but I think even a casual observer need not try too hard to conclude Duggan’s throwing motion is not the same as last year or earlier this year. The question is whether he’s just forgotten how to do something he’s been doing since Pee-Wee football or there is some physical problem. My opinion is that it’s physical. I expect it won’t be too many days until we know the answer

You left out one more reason. As coaches often times want to do, maybe you know who has changed his throwing motion. Just a thought.