• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Baylor; Halloween Edition

Wexahu

The point later in the game where we decided to give ED his first carry of the game on an important 3rd and short with 3 superior backs on the bench was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen us do.

How about leaving Barlow in the game after his 74 yard run when he was clearly winded at the end and giving him the ball on the very next play. I mean, we rotate our RBs for no apparent reason ALL THE TIME and then in a situation where it’s obvious you get a guy out for a breather you leave him in.....and give him the ball on the next play.

Some of what we do is so dumb it’s like the coaches are trying to out dumb each other.

jake102

I think you might be selling Kendre Miller a little short. He looks really good to me. But I agree, Evans needs to be getting the ball a lot more. What we don’t need is a 5-man rotation. Two guys should be getting 90% of the carries.

Barlow, Foster and Miller can all split the #2 carries. It shouldn't affect how many Evans gets. If our RBs get 25 carries, Evans should have 15 of those. How you split the last 10 is whatever in my opinion. I like all three of the others.

jake102

How about leaving Barlow in the game after his 74 yard run when he was clearly winded at the end and giving him the ball on the very next play. I mean, we rotate our RBs for no apparent reason ALL THE TIME and then in a situation where it’s obvious you get a guy out for a breather you leave him in.....and give him the ball on the next play.

Some of what we do is so dumb it’s like the coaches are trying to out dumb each other.

Probably the only time all season where there was an obvious time to rotate a player out. Pretty funny

Frogs1983

Barlow, Foster and Miller can all split the #2 carries. It shouldn't affect how many Evans gets. If our RBs get 25 carries, Evans should have 15 of those. How you split the last 10 is whatever in my opinion. I like all three of the others.
Agree, Evan's, 50%, Barlow/Foster 33%, DeMarco and rest the rest.

Eight

game allowed many to see just how much talent frogs have at running back and in johnson.

also showed just how scheissing inept things are on the offensive side of the ball

when did it become illegal to have two or more backs near or above 200 lbs on the field in a short yardage situation? who said it is required to only use 5 offensive linemen in a short yardage situation with no tightend or wing?

my favorite [ What the heck? ] moment was the 2nd and long when the frogs line up in a diamond formation, run play action looking down the field, and throw a check down to wells

so, why would they run this play when i can't recall the frogs ever this running actually running the ball out of this formation so why would the baylor defense bite on the fact

then when the frogs are in short yardage situations do we see the diamond formation again when the back can take the hand off on the moving running downhill?

hell no and to me that sums up this offense. wasted talent because there is no ryhme nor reason in the offense

Wexahu

It would be interesting to know who makes that call.....Meach or Applewhite or........Kill.

Shouldn't even come to that. Whoever was backing up Barlow at the time should have entered the game without even being told, it's kind of football 101 that when a RB goes for 75 yards he's headed to the sideline, for obvious reasons. But operating like that would require a definitive gameplan and each player having defined roles and understanding what that that role is. Something probably totally foreign to this staff based on our personnel usage.

Seriously, if I'm the backup RB and not in the game on that next play, I'm wondering if my coaches are even paying attention to what is going on out there and if they know what the hell they are doing. Little stuff like that speaks to how poorly we are coached.

Latest posts