• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Baylor; Halloween Edition

Mean Purple

@Travis Trucks , how much of Saturday's win can be attributed to better O-line play? (In your opinion)
Seems like they bought Max a good amount a time.
(Also, seems like the mental errors/penalties were down.)

flyfishingfrog

@Travis Trucks , how much of Saturday's win can be attributed to better O-line play? (In your opinion)
Seems like they bought Max a good amount a time.
(Also, seems like the mental errors/penalties were down.)
I also think Max helped them help him by making better decisions

For example, he seemed to leave the ball with the RB more early in the game when reading the DE or LB or whoever he reads when deciding to give it to the TB or pull it out and keep it himself

I feel like those early handoffs instead of keepers allowed him to get the two big runs on our final drive because the D had to play for RB first

and that helped the OL because the D couldn’t run down hill through the lines betting on Duggan to run the keeper

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Just brings to light something that gets under my skin sometimes. People seem to ignore the O-line when they do well.
That's because they're expected to play well. Right or wrong, we're sort of conditioned to expect a certain level of competency and execution.

It is reassuring that they are finding their sea-legs, as it were. I do think that play selection and the opponent had a lot to do with this improvement, and I would like to see more improvement still.

Eight

That's because they're expected to play well. Right or wrong, we're sort of conditioned to expect a certain level of competency and execution.

It is reassuring that they are finding their sea-legs, as it were. I do think that play selection and the opponent had a lot to do with this improvement, and I would like to see more improvement still.

coming into the game there wasn't anything in baylor's prior games that indicated the frogs would have that degree of success running the football so i don't think a positive result in that area was a given coming into the game

agree with flyfishing that max did a better job of letting the ball take the carry and that opened up a number of things.

Latest posts