• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU @ Purdue

Froggy Style

Truth of the matter is we're so frustrated because we can tell the talent on this team is VERY high. Keep running the ball and then complete a few passes and we'll be a very good team. Wonder where the pass to the WR's at the line went. Their corners are 10 yards off at times.

FBallFan123

Go all-in on Duggan in second half, please. Let’s just ride this hoss from here on out. Use Delton in a Wildcat formation, when and if appropriate, from time to time.

Hopefully some of the overthrows are just being on the road in this environment.

If so, get him the reps and hopefully the adrenaline or whatever wears off and the throws become more precise.

He could’ve been helped by some receivers on some throws.

2themax

Max needs to get all of the 1st team reps in practice and games from here on out. He's a better fit.
I'm against starting freshmen at qb cause there's a ceiling on expectations. He's clearly the better option as of now.
Hoping Collins can show something to make things more interesting.

Last edited:

Chongo94

When Mike Leach was at Tech, his receivers had hands hands and more hands. Those guys were some of the most sure handed wrs in the nation. They weren’t the most gifted physically usually, by any means, but they caught the damn ball.

He had them practice catching tennis balls in sand pits over and over and over. We could really really use that I think.

Pharm Frog

i I continue to be left with the empty feeling that we are all athlete at WR. I’m still waiting for a guy to act like he has some skill and instincts

I think that’s exactly correct. Lots of players who look the part and can run and jump but short on receiver skills. The deflection pick was partly because the receiver did not run a stronger route.

4th. down

Truth of the matter is we're so frustrated because we can tell the talent on this team is VERY high. Keep running the ball and then complete a few passes and we'll be a very good team. Wonder where the pass to the WR's at the line went. Their corners are 10 yards off at times.

Poor QB play by both of them. Early, Duggan was taking a 1 step drop and every throw was hot, hot, hot. Other than Reagor and Barber, we don't have any hands so you got to, must, put some touch on the ball.

Delton, with all his experience, everyone in the stadium knew they were bringing the house except Delton, he didn't check off. Really piss poor QB play all around and the receivers should just stay in the locker room and we run the ball every play.