• The KillerFrogs

Gameday in Fort Worth

MTfrog5

I wouldn't have even noticed. And if they would have shown an OSU INT and a TCU TD you probably wouldn't have either.

Good god, who cares about crap like that? Seriously, do you think anyone takes even one second of their time to try and find some hidden meaning behind a couple of highlight clips? Are we really that paranoid? That network is televising one of their highest profile shows right smack dab in the middle of TCU's campus and we're complaining about bias because of the content of a couple 5-second highlight clips? SMH.
Answer me this, why not show Turpin receiving TD or Robinson stiff arming? Do you honestly not think that’s a little strange to show a negative play no matter the team while trying to hype the game? I try to give you the benefit at times but my goodness

Should of been at LSU/Auburn, but it also should of been at Stanford/USC last week but they gave it to an SEC school so/ Can't wait to see the showing by TCU fans. Go Bucks!

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Answer me this, why not show Turpin receiving TD or Robinson stiff arming? Do you honestly not think that’s a little strange to show a negative play no matter the team while trying to hype the game? I try to give you the benefit at times but my goodness
Mods need to check Wex’s IP address and see if it originates from Bristol.

Wexahu

I don't know why they would show a negative play in that instance. I'm sure in the days leading up to the game they'll show good plays as well. I guess I don't know why they'd do that either. Are you or anyone else on the planet going to determine whether you want to watch the game based on what plays are run during a highlight? Answer me this, why would they show a negative highlight? Do you think it's because they want to make us look bad? Is there a subliminal message they want to send? What does that even accomplish?

If you look hard enough you can see whatever you want. The bottom line is ESPN can do whatever the heck they want to promote whatever team they want and they chose to televise Gameday live from the TCU Commons. It's like unless every analyst on their set is pumping sunshine up our asses every college football segment (and complimenting no other team) they are a bunch of mindless hacks. It just gets so old. I know I probably overdo it on letting it annoy me (well, not probably), but virtually every thread on this board is littered with the we-get-no-respect and ESPN is out to get us crap that's just nonstop. And we're one of TWO programs in the entire country whose school they've gone to twice in the past two years and nobody seems to want to acknowledge it.

MTfrog5

I don't know why they would show a negative play in that instance. I'm sure in the days leading up to the game they'll show good plays as well. I guess I don't know why they'd do that either. Are you or anyone else on the planet going to determine whether you want to watch the game based on what plays are run during a highlight? Answer me this, why would they show a negative highlight? Do you think it's because they want to make us look bad? Is there a subliminal message they want to send? What does that even accomplish?

If you look hard enough you can see whatever you want. The bottom line is ESPN can do whatever the heck they want to promote whatever team they want and they chose to televise Gameday live from the TCU Commons. It's like unless every analyst on their set is pumping sunshine up our asses every college football segment (and complimenting no other team) they are a bunch of mindless hacks. It just gets so old. I know I probably overdo it on letting it annoy me (well, not probably), but virtually every thread on this board is littered with the we-get-no-respect and ESPN is out to get us crap that's just nonstop. And we're one of TWO programs in the entire country whose school they've gone to twice in the past two years and nobody seems to want to acknowledge it.
You’re right. I’m an idiot. ESPN is the most objective set of analyst.

Wexahu

You’re right. I’m an idiot. ESPN is the most objective set of analyst.

That's not what I'm saying at all, I hope it didn't come out that way. And ESPN might have some analysts who at times aren't very objective. My response to that would be, so, who cares? Win games and everything takes care of itself.

LeagueCityFrog

ESPN is running some good ads for the TCU vs Ohio State game Saturday. Tag line...."ANYTHING Can Happen on Saturday night...."

I think this is going to come down to Gary doing a better job mentally screwing up Dewayne Haskins' reads in the passing game than we did against Baker Mayfield. I do understand Baker won the Heisman, but we need to do what we need to do to get to this level in the world of college football minus cheating. We beat Clemson in a driving rain storm at their place. A win here vs Ohio State can be done if Gary is in full Coach P mode and Cumbie calls a near perfect game.

Listening to Ohio State's press conference this week, it sounds like they are going to start the game running JK Dobbins down our throat then unleash the passing game on us as we bite up to stop him. My gut is that they will try to get linebacker Ty Summers one on one when they see him in there in the passing coverage game against a slot reciever or JK Dobbins and to try and outrun Summers to get open. I hope we are prepared for that.

I'll be there and Go Frogs!

One more thing, if Shawn isn't spot on with the deep balls yet, please don't waste those offensive downs. Just run it on the outside or feed Turpin on a screen and take the positive yards vs a deep throw that gets nothing. Inside tunnel screen looked like it would work on their linebackers watching their games and we run that play very well. Inside slants looked like they worked too watching OSU's defense the first two games.

CountryFrog

I'm not of the opinion that ESPN college football analysts are totally objective, especially as it pertains to Ohio St. I will say, though, there are people on the board saying that ESPN is only saying good things about TCU in order to prop up Ohio St and that ESPN is intentionally showing negative highlights to tear down TCU.

So it does seem that no matter what ESPN does there are at least SOME people who are going to waive the conspiracy flag. I'm not saying you're all completely wrong because I agree with some of the ESPN complaints but there are a few extreme things that really test the outer boundaries of rationality.

4 Oaks Frog

ESPN is running some good ads for the TCU vs Ohio State game Saturday. Tag line...."ANYTHING Can Happen on Saturday night...."

I think this is going to come down to Gary doing a better job mentally screwing up Dewayne Haskins' reads in the passing game than we did against Baker Mayfield. I do understand Baker won the Heisman, but we need to do what we need to do to get to this level in the world of college football minus cheating. We beat Clemson in a driving rain storm at their place. A win here vs Ohio State can be done if Gary is in full Coach P mode and Cumbie calls a near perfect game.

Listening to Ohio State's press conference this week, it sounds like they are going to start the game running JK Dobbins down our throat then unleash the passing game on us as we bite up to stop him. My gut is that they will try to get linebacker Ty Summers one on one when they see him in there in the passing coverage game against a slot reciever or JK Dobbins and to try and outrun Summers to get open. I hope we are prepared for that.

I'll be there and Go Frogs!

One more thing, if Shawn isn't spot on with the deep balls yet, please don't waste those offensive downs. Just run it on the outside or feed Turpin on a screen and take the positive yards vs a deep throw that gets nothing. Inside tunnel screen looked like it would work on their linebackers watching their games and we run that play very well. Inside slants looked like they worked too watching OSU's defense the first two games.
Please send your game plan to LAWHCGFMP. I am sure he is at a loss as to what to do.
Don’t Panic, and Gary On...
GO FROGS!
BEAT tosu!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

I’m sure removing TCU from the Game Day intro song was not a conscious decision by a human and just fell out all by itself when all the others are still in it...