• The KillerFrogs

Game Thread TCU NDSU

CountryFrog

3 point defense was awful and that was the only thing keeping them in the game. It is tough though when a 19% 3 point shooter drills 5 on you.

Rose Bowl

I might have to miss the next game if this is what we’re going to get from the team. This was a truly horrible effort, especially on the defensive end. I know a couple of guys were not fit and FF is still missing but that should not be an excuse. Jamie said he was disappointed but it’s his job to have the team ready. He was terribly outcoached once again. Frustrating.

I wish I knew why we play so poorly at home. Have we played a really good game at home this season? Our best game so far was probably the OU game and we lost that. We’ve got to find a way to play better at the Scholl.

SuperTFrog

I think some of yall are overreacting a bit. The line was 12.5, this team almost beat KU and was unconscious for awhile.

We won.
Why celebrate wins when you can [ hundin] about them? After this year, I am convinced that the average person will never be satisfied and LOVES complaining. I get there are things we could have done better. They got wide open looks from the perimeter and our defense looked pretty soft u Tim the end. This could have been a game they put in the “bad loss” category if were on the bubble. Thankfully we found a way to win and it won’t be in that column. Hopefully we learn from it and get better.

This reminds me of when we used to [ hundin] about winning by too few points and not getting style points in football. These kids bust their asses every damn day. Celebrate every win...no matter what.

Rose Bowl

I think some of yall are overreacting a bit. The line was 12.5, this team almost beat KU and was unconscious for awhile.

We won.
If you can’t tell that was a severely underwhelming performance then I don’t know what to tell you. Give them credit but you have to say th3 defensive effort was not good.

Dogfrog

I might have to miss the next game if this is what we’re going to get from the team. This was a truly horrible effort, especially on the defensive end. I know a couple of guys were not fit and FF is still missing but that should not be an excuse. Jamie said he was disappointed but it’s his job to have the team ready. He was terribly outcoached once again. Frustrating.

I wish I knew why we play so poorly at home. Have we played a really good game at home this season? Our best game so far was probably the OU game and we lost that. We’ve got to find a way to play better at the Scholl.

I agree you should take the next game off.

Francis Xavier

If you can’t tell that was a severely underwhelming performance then I don’t know what to tell you. Give them credit but you have to say th3 defensive effort was not good.
Listen man, some were open, some had hands in their faces. Weve done the same to other teams. It happens. Vegas was close

06DallasFrog

3 point defense was awful and that was the only thing keeping them in the game. It is tough though when a 19% 3 point shooter drills 5 on you.

The broadcast crew made a couple of references to that guy being the best shooter on the team last year. He was just off to a horrible start this year. We took their best shot and won.

flyfishingfrog

Has anyone ever looked at our FT% on the road vs at home?

wondering if there is something about the Scholl that makes us bad at the line?

Or are we below average on the road also?

just seems odd that even with players leaving and new guys coming in - we always struggle at something so basic

but I really enjoyed that game- it was very entertaining and a good W because all Ws are good

We’ve gone from #15 in kenpom defensive efficiency to #56 since the OU game. Offense has risen to 66 from like 90 or so so our overall efficiency ranking has stayed steady in the 60 range. Still I made the comment that with stellar defense all we needed was to grow a bit offensively to make the next step. We have improved offensively but defensive efficiency hasn’t kept up. Just too many drives to the hoop breaking down our D right now, IMO. That results either in points in the paint or kick outs for good look 3s. Big 12 guards will exploit that.

Moose Stuff

Why celebrate wins when you can [ hundin] about them? After this year, I am convinced that the average person will never be satisfied and LOVES complaining. I get there are things we could have done better. They got wide open looks from the perimeter and our defense looked pretty soft u Tim the end. This could have been a game they put in the “bad loss” category if were on the bubble. Thankfully we found a way to win and it won’t be in that column. Hopefully we learn from it and get better.

This reminds me of when we used to [ hundin] about winning by too few points and not getting style points in football. These kids bust their asses every damn day. Celebrate every win...no matter what.

Agreed. I don't have high enough current expectations for this team to get real upset when they win but it isn't as good as I wanted it to be. I thought it was a solid win against a team that is far better than their record. This is the 3rd or 4th time we've played really well at both ends in the final minutes of a game that could easily have gone the other way otherwise. Very nice to see from a young team.