• The KillerFrogs

Game Day: TCU at SMU - BATTLE FOR THE IRON SKILLET pt. 73 - Sept 24th, 2022

Froggy Style

The concern for me isn't a lack of pressure when rushing 3, it's the number of times we sent 1-3 extra rushers and still didn't get home. You do need to occasionally get to the QB and we had a handful of 5 or 6 man pressures that didn't effect the QB and resulted in big plays down the field.
Agree, seems like we are panic blitzing still. Trust the drop 8 if that’s your scheme

Eight

How often does a team get pressure when rushing 3? I would think the percentages are quite low. Unless the competition is just a bunch of stiffs

pressure? i would suspect more than you think.

remember, this isn't about sacks, but instead forcing the quarterback to move or shift their eyes from down field and that is possible with a three man rush

gofor2

remember, this isn't about sacks, but instead forcing the quarterback to move or shift their eyes from down field and that is possible with a three man rush
I wish there were easy data points to be found for each team, but I can't find them.
I rarely see a 3 man rush getting pressure on a QB. That's 5 on 3, in most cases. My guess is that a 3 man rush gets pressure less than 19% of the time.
Normally, what I see is if the QB is decent, he will be sitting back there for 4-8 seconds, picking apart a defense.

Last edited:

DelFrog

Some DL have the talent to pressure with just three, but I’ve seen no evidence that this TCU group can do so.

MadFrog

Some DL have the talent to pressure with just three, but I’ve seen no evidence that this TCU group can do so.
We don’t create much pressure with 3 vs 5. SMU QB is too good to give him all day to throw. I think the heat got to our defense in the third quarter when our offense could not do a thing. They were always on the field. I am glad we won though.

Eight

I wish there were easy data points to be found for each team, but I can't find them.
I rarely see a 3 man rush getting pressure on a QB. That's 5 on 3, in most cases. My guess is that a 3 man rush gets pressure less than 19% of the time.
Normally, what I see is if the QB is decent, he will be sitting back there for 4-8 seconds, picking apart a defense.

don't think you are going to be able to find that data as pressures is a fairly open term and no real way to know when a quarterback has run because they were flushed out of the pocket or it was a designated call

program that has recruited for the position and developed their talent i think 1 in 5 is a bit low. maybe my thoughts on this are skewed from watching tcu and iowa state play the last few season