• The KillerFrogs

Game Day Oct. 15th, 2022: 8 Oklahoma State Vs 13 TCU

Horny4TCU

View attachment 12316
All lubed up, and ready for some seed!

Waitaminute...
Awkward Krieger GIF by Archer

Deep Purple

Excellent comeback! My poor, old carcass just isn't as resilient as it used to be. Years and mileage...

I up and left at the half. I'd seen enough. I felt that we were unprepared, not only for the game or the weaknesses that OSU would likely exploit, but for the moment. No one was playing particularly well, and they were pressing. I was just sick that such a promising season was evaporating in a cloud of busted plays, overthrown passes, and wide-open OSU receivers 15 yards down the field. That and having to look at the damned OSU QBs mom over and over. She's got a face for radio...
I went out to the barn and wrestled the seed-thrower onto the tractor, and dug my grease gun out of a pile of junk to lube up all the gears and joints. Had some music on to work by, and was forgetting the angst and depression of the game while I continued to find grease nipples in the oddest of places...
I was startled by Mrs. Brewingfrog, who appeared in the door of the Barn (With a fresh beer in hand for me. What a wife!) with a look on her face. "You'd better get in here."
So, I watched the last couple of minutes of regulation, and then overtime. Yay! We won! And my tractor got lubed!
My poor old carcass, which has had 4 surgeries in the last 10 months, was at the game from 45 min before until 15 min after. And you "up and left" the cushy comfort of your sofa and TV because your "old carcass just isn't as resilient as it used to be"? (Though it was of course resilient enough to lube a tractor.)

But you quit on the Frogs before you'd even seen the halftime adjustments? And whether the team would quit or dial things up a notch or two?

Gee, life is hard.

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
My poor old carcass, which has had 4 surgeries in the last 10 months, was at the game from 45 min before until 15 min after. And you "up and left" the cushy comfort of your sofa and TV because your "old carcass just isn't as resilient as it used to be"? (Though it was of course resilient enough to lube a tractor.)

But you quit on the Frogs before you'd even seen the halftime adjustments? And whether the team would quit or dial things up a notch or two?

Gee, life is hard.
Wow. Four surgeries? One would think a lobotomy sort of takes the first time...

Horny4TCU

Missed the game; gave ticket to a friend.
Had a concert in Grapevine with TXCMP.

Have just read all 44 pages here.
Therefore:
LISA T for the win with the best posts of all !!!!
tickerfrog123 - get some serious professional help. Or volunteer for as study subject at a university somewhere.
Still waiting for the skinny dip proof....

Brog

Yeah, that was a weird one. I understand mistakes can be made on live calls due to being at the wrong angles, but there were 2 perfect camera angles that clearly showed he was fully in bounds and about 3 yards past the goal line. The review should have taken less than 30 seconds to get right.

In fact, the booth is calling down and stopping the play already, and should just be able to tell them to overturn the call on the field immediately when it’s that clear.
I think that sometimes the officials use these "review" breaks as a bathroom break, or a drink a beer break. No way that review should have taken just over three minutes.

Horny4TCU

One thing I hadn't considered... How familiar Gundy is with Gillespie's Defense. OSU trash play Tulsa almost every year. Glad we made the adjustments needed at Half to shut em down.

AroundWorldFrog

I'm still stuck on the call they made on Wiley's touchdown.

First, the side judge called him down short of the end zone. Not out, but short.

Then they took forever to review it. He obviously didn't step out and he clearly crossed the line.

Does the booth get paid by the minute for reviews?
The last 50 seconds of the first half of the Utah/USC game took between 15 - 20 minutes. Reviews, clock scheiss ups, you name it.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I think that sometimes the officials use these "review" breaks as a bathroom break, or a drink a beer break. No way that review should have taken just over three minutes.
If I had seen several of the Officials chugging tallboys...

LisaLT

Missed the game; gave ticket to a friend.
Had a concert in Grapevine with TXCMP.

Have just read all 44 pages here.
Therefore:
LISA T for the win with the best posts of all !!!!
tickerfrog123 - get some serious professional help. Or volunteer for as study subject at a university somewhere.
Well…I’m here to report it was a rough morning/day. Hangover city. But it was totally worth it! My dog smelled like tequila. Either I spilled it on him or he helped himself while I was having panic attacks in the 4th quarter
Hang Over Season 2 GIF by The Good Place