• The KillerFrogs

Game Day Experience

tcudoc

Not knocking on your son. Perhaps he was overqualified for that job? (Compliments to his pops!)
He’s definitely not overqualified for that work. He’s just normally in a completely different world as a professional entertainer who has struggled significantly since COVID started.
Amazon was a way to supplement income in order to pay the rent for a few months.

Showtime Joe 2.0

My niece has worked as an executive with Amazon in the Midwest for many years. I haven't spoken with her in a long time but when I recently asked my brother (her dad) what her job consists of, he told me that she just travels around all the time firing people.

Gringo1873

I share the frustrations of the OP and many others with the game day experience. I think it's incredibly tired. "Sandstorm" by Darude was a cool song when it came out but that was over 20 years ago. I have been to every big 12 stadium and I think our game day experience is worse than all but Kansas. Not to bring up a terrible memory but at Baylor in 2014, the game day experience/music seemed to feed the crowd and I still think helped Baylor pull that one out. I know that when the team is on fire and the stadium is loud, everything seems great. But it could be so much better.

bronco

Getting back to Frog Alley. That was extremely disappointing. I was looking forward to the new location. I thought it would be bigger and better. Boy was I wrong! No band, no kids activities, no vendors, no nothing! I don't have a parking spot on campus so I enjoy drinking a beer and just walking around before the game. As an earlier poster said he didn't really know what to do. It was a beer tent and then all the private "Tail Gate Guys" tents and that was it. It was especially disappointing to see the Kelly Lawn just sitting empty. They had a great set up before. Why change? My only thought is they didn't want us common folks getting in the way of Eastside Club Members getting to their private elevators.

With the Kelly Lawn open maybe I should just set up a little tailgate there. It is a great spot. Hate to see it go to waste.

steelfrog

Tier 1
It seems a decision has been made at some level, back when Disney was hired to re-do the programming, that our crowd isn't ever going to provide the energy that they want, so they are going to provide it through massive visuals and eardrum-bursting audios. It could definitely be toned down.

Some of the things are good, the Bleacher Creatures is always a highlight, the videos are good for the most part, but the music is gawdawful and waaay too loud. Having the new band announcer is great as the previous guy was an embarrassment for years; not having the dumb kid lead Go Frogs is good, but the announcer leading is even worse. Not having the hip hop rapper people this year is awesome, that display was turrible.

The stadjium itself and the team are the stars of the show, they should not disrespect/distract from them with the cacophony from the giant speakers. Not to mention a person literally cannot speak to the person next to you about 70% of the time cause of the damn blaring muzak.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Actually, I hate dentists. I'm an anti-dentite.
Interesting subject.

Yuo go into a dentist and if not on the first visit, definitely by the second they are trying to upsell all kinda dogcrap. Oh, you're grindering your teeth, you need an occlusal guard. Oh, you need these brace things. Oh, you need a "deep cleaning" under anesthesia.

About 10 years ago Steel got a Sonicare and floss, uses them daily; problem solved, no dentist.

T-Ray

I think we can all agree the sound quality is pretty bad. I don't recall anyone ever saying it sounded amazing. I said years ago things can sound good loud, uncomfortable is another story. I always find it funny when walking behind the video board it sounds exactly like an old car with too big of a sub.

I do recall Coach P saying the louder the better at one point. So if he thinks it is good I am not one to argue. The selections might be his too. I don't think it is a fee issue since TCU I suspect pays ASCAP/BMI a blanket fee.

Last edited:

ftwfrog

I thought Frog Alley was a little disappointing. Maybe it is too spaced out, but kinda meh.
I like the new spot for Frog Alley, but the content was missing. I know people were complaining the shuttle from Paschal and Detox Church couldn’t get closer but it’s a good idea to close down that street with all the walkers.

They should try to have it half party, half frog alley stuff. Previously when Frog Alley was just outside the east entrance they had bands and a huge screen with games on. Do that in the new spot, no? Kind of make it a place for folks who don’t have a designated tailgate spot. This isn’t that hard!! (TWSS)

jake102

Getting back to Frog Alley. That was extremely disappointing. I was looking forward to the new location. I thought it would be bigger and better. Boy was I wrong! No band, no kids activities, no vendors, no nothing! I don't have a parking spot on campus so I enjoy drinking a beer and just walking around before the game. As an earlier poster said he didn't really know what to do. It was a beer tent and then all the private "Tail Gate Guys" tents and that was it. It was especially disappointing to see the Kelly Lawn just sitting empty. They had a great set up before. Why change? My only thought is they didn't want us common folks getting in the way of Eastside Club Members getting to their private elevators.

With the Kelly Lawn open maybe I should just set up a little tailgate there. It is a great spot. Hate to see it go to waste.

Yep, exactly. I thought it was going to be improved in the new location, but it was literally about 25% of what it used to be. I couldn't believe it when we got there. Was planning on spending 30 minutes to an hour there and letting the kids run around but there was literally nothing. Walked through it in two minutes. Stood in line for five minutes at the tiny beer tent with 40" TVs sitting on tables in the corner, only to be told the only beer left was Dos Equis. Whatever.

Not exactly sure what Donati is thinking.

bronco

Yep, exactly. I thought it was going to be improved in the new location, but it was literally about 25% of what it used to be. I couldn't believe it when we got there. Was planning on spending 30 minutes to an hour there and letting the kids run around but there was literally nothing. Walked through it in two minutes. Stood in line for five minutes at the tiny beer tent with 40" TVs sitting on tables in the corner, only to be told the only beer left was Dos Equis. Whatever.

Not exactly sure what Donati is thinking.
The biggest question I have is why the move? The Kelly Center Lawn is just sitting there empty. It makes no sense. When I saw the map and the street closed my first thought was this is going to be great! Like the old Chisolm Trail Round Up in the Stockyards, anybody else remember those great street parties?

jake102

The biggest question I have is why the move? The Kelly Center Lawn is just sitting there empty. It makes no sense. When I saw the map and the street closed my first thought was this is going to be great! Like the old Chisolm Trail Round Up in the Stockyards, anybody else remember those great street parties?

Yep same. Thought it would be awesome. Then it was like a lame neighborhood garage sale or farmers market set-up.

Relic

Disappointed in the "new" Frog Alley? You youngsters are learning what we old guys have known for some time. When things change, 99% of the time it is for the worse. You'll see...

Pharm Frog

I really don’t give a rip about Frog Alley but Mrs Pharm does. She was not happy she talked me into going as early as we did because there was nothing going on. Luckily one of my former colleagues has a big tailgate and we hung out there for a while.