• The KillerFrogs

Gainesville Sun: How big-name schools will stack up in new conferences

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Gainesville Sun: How big-name schools will stack up in new conferences

By Robbie Andreu
Staff writer

... Boise State: The Broncos bolted from the WAC to join the tougher (and more respected) Mountain West Conference, where TCU has ruled in recent years. The move is good for the Broncos and for the conference. Both are looking to become bigger players in the national championship sweepstakes. Most are predicting Boise State will edge out TCU for the conference title this season. ...

Screaming Flea

Your probably right...after all TCU lost the entire defense and 99% of the offense. Special teams will be just so-so.....yip Boise by 40 or better, don't you think there Robbie?

I hear from the tunnel TCU will wear all purple including shoes, gloves, hat etc. Sure hope this game is in HD. Dark blue and dark purple, now that's fun for you!

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
As a professional,the writer has special insight into his chosen area, denied to us lower level non professionals...Utah leaving "The WAC" for the Pac-12...that's a scoop. I'm sure the rest of his insights are equally astute. Put your $$ on the Broncs, for sure.

Texas Otto

As a professional,the writer has special insight into his chosen area, denied to us lower level non professionals...Utah leaving "The WAC" for the Pac-12...that's a scoop. I'm sure the rest of his insights are equally astute. Put your $$ on the Broncs, for sure.

I just laughed my [Craig James] off when I read this! What fool would consider himself a professional sports journalist when he doesn't even know what conference the Utes were in prior to moving to the PAC 10+2! Also the biggest conference move (okay maybe second after Nebraska) is TCU and that doesn't even get a mention? Give me a friggin break!

:laugh:

HG73

Just as I always suspected, nobody east of the Mississippi knows the difference between the MWC and the WAC.

HoustonHornedFrog

I just laughed my [Craig James] off when I read this! What fool would consider himself a professional sports journalist when he doesn't even know what conference the Utes were in prior to moving to the PAC 10+2! Also the biggest conference move (okay maybe second after Nebraska) is TCU and that doesn't even get a mention? Give me a friggin break!

:laugh:

Agree with you about the Utah/WAC blunder in his article, but since the article was discussing moves that took place this year, can't really blame him for not discussing how TCU will do moving to the Big East since its not happening this year. The article also failed to discuss how Colorado would do with their move to the Pac 10+2 and that is happening this year. Guess they don't qualify as a "big name" school.

10 Key Frog

Just as I always suspected, nobody east of the Mississippi knows the difference between the MWC and the WAC.

The many many mistakes we've noticed in our time in the MWC have proven this. They barely distinguish the Pac10 much less the difference in the WAC and MWC.

frogbyproxy

Hey be nice! Isn't this the best write up coming from a small paper from gainesville texas! Ooops OK So it's from a little bit bigger city out of Florida and they probably hired journalist out of Auburn. :tongue: What do you expect from someone out of Auburn the truth or professionalism? :tongue: