• The KillerFrogs

FYI Oklahoma State game is at 2:30 on ESPN

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
was that the same segment where the hosts started diminishing the importance of conference championships as a CFP factor?
I'm not sure. To be honest, I sort of mentally tune a lot of their stupid prattle out. Wouldn't surprise me, though. Consistency has never been their strong suit...

dawg

was that the same segment where the hosts started diminishing the importance of conference championships as a CFP factor?

The CFP factors seem to be whatever will get Alabama a spot.

If they lose to LSU and win out, then Bama will finish 11-1 and have exactly zero Top 25 wins this season (unless the committee keeps a likely four-loss Auburn ranked. Which I fully expect them to do).

Bob Sugar

Count me as one of the few who would like to see us play that game at 11. We have always been pretty dang solid at 11 at home.
tenor.gif

MAcFroggy

The CFP factors seem to be whatever will get Alabama a spot.

If they lose to LSU and win out, then Bama will finish 11-1 and have exactly zero Top 25 wins this season (unless the committee keeps a likely four-loss Auburn ranked. Which I fully expect them to do).

Unless Big 12 champion and Pac 12 champion end the season with two losses, I think they would both end up ranked higher than a 1 loss Alabama. If LSU wins out, I think the SEC will get one team in.

If it comes down to a one-loss Alabama or a one-loss Penn State, Penn State would honestly have a much better resume.

dawg

Unless Big 12 champion and Pac 12 champion end the season with two losses, I think they would both end up ranked higher than a 1 loss Alabama. If LSU wins out, I think the SEC will get one team in.

If it comes down to a one-loss Alabama or a one-loss Penn State, Penn State would honestly have a much better resume.

I agree 1000% with everything you wrote, especially that Penn St would be more deserving than Bama among one-loss teams. I don't have faith, though, that the committee will do the right thing if that scenario plays out and keep out Bama.

MAcFroggy

I agree 1000% with everything you wrote, especially that Penn St would be more deserving than Bama among one-loss teams. I don't have faith, though, that the committee will do the right thing if that scenario plays out and keep out Bama.

Yeah who knows. If it came down to one-loss Alabama (loss to LSU) and one-loss Penn State (loss to Ohio State); Penn State will have a harder overall SoS, harder non-con SoS, and better wins (Michigan, Iowa, and probably Minnesota would be ranked vs only Auburn for Alabama).