• The KillerFrogs

FWST: This is TCU’s backup plan at QB if something were to happen to new starter Muehlstein

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
This is TCU’s backup plan at QB if something were to happen to new starter Muehlstein

BY DREW DAVISON
ddavison@star-telegram.com

TCU has seen its top two quarterbacks go down with injuries, leaving the team’s bowl dreams in the hands of fifth-year senior Grayson Muehlstein going into Saturday’s game against Oklahoma State.

If something were to happen to Muehlstein, well, the Frogs would be in trouble.

Just ask coach Gary Patterson who his backup quarterback is going into the regular-season finale.

“Myself,” Patterson said, with a slight chuckle on the Big 12 football coaches teleconference Monday.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article221902070.html

mesohornedfrog

Not sure if anyone else saw this, but GP randomly sent out a retweet last night of none other than Justin Rogers' signing day video. Hmmmmm

I'm sure he was sending a hail Mary in hopes OK St will waste time prepping and there is almost no chance he plays, but still, interesting timing.

I like his chances of finishing this one healthy..........

It marked the first meaningful snaps Muehlstein had taken at quarterback since his high school days at Decatur. This is a player who came to TCU as the No. 4-ranked quarterback in the state and No. 31 nationally.

Muehlstein earned District 9-3A co-offensive MVP honors as a senior at Decatur, and was a three-star recruit by 247Sports.

But he’s found himself buried on the depth chart at TCU. He ran the scout team the first two seasons, and played sparingly until Saturday. Now TCU is putting its 2018 season on him going into the Oklahoma State game.

He’ll be working with the first-team offense. He’ll be the man who TCU designs its play-calling and offense around.

“Very exciting,” Muehlstein said. “I’ve never gone through a full week with the ones in practice. That’ll be cool. Senior Day at home. It’ll be exciting. It’ll be fun.”

ThisIsOurTime

Pro Wells. Straight ahead.

That would be cool too but I think GP said something about he can't play anymore this season so that he can keep his redshirt or whatever. But I was impressed that we found a TE that could catch the ball and we would use him so things should get interesting next year.

Wexahu

That would be cool too but I think GP said something about he can't play anymore this season so that he can keep his redshirt or whatever. But I was impressed that we found a TE that could catch the ball and we would use him so things should get interesting next year.

I was kidding mostly. I'll believe we made a concerted effort to implement a TE into our offense when I see it. Until then, I'm going to assume PW will be mostly standing idle on the sidelines with the rest of our TE group.

Tumbleweed

Five years ago when TCU was recruiting The Mule, I read an article on The Mule written by a sports person. In that article, she indicated how fast he was and that he was an excellent QB in high school. But what she really was impressed with was The Mules demeanor and how absolutely humble and genuine he was. She also said as I recall, she just knew he was going to be a big success in life, that he had that "it" quality.

The possibilities of this story just keep getting bigger. Either way, win or lose!

BTW...Thanks to the SENIORS for all of your hard work and devotion

4th. down

Don't think Mule will run much unless he has too but Reagor will be mixed in with the Wild Frog with Mule spread out wide as a receiver.

We need Reagor to either run back a kickoff or punt return for a TD, intercept a pass for a TD, and Reagor reception for a TD and kick a field goal - 24 points. I think that's the most we can score, but is it enough?

AroundWorldFrog

Don't think Mule will run much unless he has too but Reagor will be mixed in with the Wild Frog with Mule spread out wide as a receiver.

We need Reagor to either run back a kickoff or punt return for a TD, intercept a pass for a TD, and Reagor reception for a TD and kick a field goal - 24 points. I think that's the most we can score, but is it enough?
Is Reagor practicing FGs now?

FrogLifeYo

I was kidding mostly. I'll believe we made a concerted effort to implement a TE into our offense when I see it. Until then, I'm going to assume PW will be mostly standing idle on the sidelines with the rest of our TE group.

We need an “H” back set up. In that set we could use Sewo for that...