• The KillerFrogs

FWST: The answer to what’s changed at TCU is so obvious no one wants to touch it

CryptoMiner

Thoughtful article. Not sure why posters are so sensitive about it. Muc receives criticism, sometimes deserved but not in this case. I agree with him. Very objective, which is what most articles should be. Go Frogs!

Because the gist of the article is completely off-base. Players have said since CSD got here how much things have changed and that there is a completely different attitude in the program thanks to the new staff.

fff91

The article seems true enough. BUt it is just unnecessary. It is obvious what has changed, and I he isnt going to provide details of the stories, then don't mention them.

Toad Jones

In the basic, Gary thought he was untouchable, so problems developed. I'll say this again, as I have in the past, CDC saw this coming and thought it's best to pursue other opportunities. CDC suggested Mr. Donati. Suggesting Donati would be a good replacement because he knew the program inside and out. And, if you hadn't caught on yet, Donati is a pretty tough administrator with good experience in these circumstances. The event with Gary on Halloween night lasted just a few minutes.

There is more to this but out of respect for all parties, this needs to go away. TCU is doing very well, and I'm convinced the right move was made. I m of the opinion, Dykes was the right choice, with many positives in his favor. TCU will get better in the coming weeks, and what excites me is the immediate future, and it's the long term success. The structure is in place for that to happen..

Let me say this, I knew the Dykes in Midland as he was the coach there. Sonny's Dad, Spike, no better man on earth. Compassionate, demanding, integrity, intelligent and one of the funniest men you would ever meet. I say this because he raised his kids in the same manner. So what you saw in Spike, you see the same in Sonny.

TCU is in for a war with Kansas State Saturday night. In all 3 phases of football, KSt is very good. You'll see what I'm saying within ten of play. Believe TCU will prevail in the end because this is a team, not a selection of individuals.

Frog-O-Rama

I live 1,000 miles from Fort Worth and this guy makes me puke. The only time I even take a chance to read what he has to say, is on KF.c. Everytime I see his name associated with an article, I feel so sorry, that what was a nice newspaper, has this clown wasting ink. Oh, yeah, I'm coming to the TT game!

4th. down

Thoughtful article. Not sure why posters are so sensitive about it. Muc receives criticism, sometimes deserved but not in this case. I agree with him. Very objective, which is what most articles should be. Go Frogs!
Yes, it is objective.

After we win conf. and play in NY6, the statue should be moved inside. We haven't forgotten what he did and was well compensated for it. It was a business for him as it should be with employment as he had several interviews to be a HC during his tenure here. But.......after this season the statue doesn't need to be the lead in on the front porch and thanks for the past memories GP except for the last 4 years.

Froglaw

captain obvious hotels.com GIF

Underrated!

4th. down

In the basic, Gary thought he was untouchable, so problems developed. I'll say this again, as I have in the past, CDC saw this coming and thought it's best to pursue other opportunities. CDC suggested Mr. Donati. Suggesting Donati would be a good replacement because he knew the program inside and out. And, if you hadn't caught on yet, Donati is a pretty tough administrator with good experience in these circumstances. The event with Gary on Halloween night lasted just a few minutes.

There is more to this but out of respect for all parties, this needs to go away. TCU is doing very well, and I'm convinced the right move was made. I m of the opinion, Dykes was the right choice, with many positives in his favor. TCU will get better in the coming weeks, and what excites me is the immediate future, and it's the long term success. The structure is in place for that to happen..

Let me say this, I knew the Dykes in Midland as he was the coach there. Sonny's Dad, Spike, no better man on earth. Compassionate, demanding, integrity, intelligent and one of the funniest men you would ever meet. I say this because he raised his kids in the same manner. So what you saw in Spike, you see the same in Sonny.

TCU is in for a war with Kansas State Saturday night. In all 3 phases of football, KSt is very good. You'll see what I'm saying within ten of play. Believe TCU will prevail in the end because this is a team, not a selection of individuals.
Toad, good recap and I concur with your thoughts. I had an ex family member that participated in Sonny's interview. IMO, getting his drift, it was always Sonny. This particular person was a TCU undergraduate and a Masters at SMU. He knew Sonny at SMU. Other interviews happened but I get it that it was primarily for window dressing. IMO, good for TCU. Basically Sonny floored them with his communication skills, football knowledge, and charisma which we are presently seeing on display now.

Double V

It's been interesting to me to see all the praises actually heaped on Coach Kaz by both players and HCSD. Given the success Baylor had while he was there, it seems he may actually be a main ingredient in the secret sauce.

In other words, sure the change at HC is obvious, but that brought about a TON of changes to staff and philosophy overall. It's not just about the presence of GP being gone, it's about the effect of a completely fresh approach.

Putt4Purple

The article seems true enough. BUt it is just unnecessary. It is obvious what has changed, and I he isnt going to provide details of the stories, then don't mention them.
It is obvious to you because you are a fan and follower of TCU. The average Joe Smoe does not pay attention as closely as you and I. That is who he is writing too.

Toad Jones

It's been interesting to me to see all the praises actually heaped on Coach Kaz by both players and HCSD. Given the success Baylor had while he was there, it seems he may actually be a main ingredient in the secret sauce.

In other words, sure the change at HC is obvious, but that brought about a TON of changes to staff and philosophy overall. It's not just about the presence of GP being gone, it's about the effect of a completely fresh approach.
You're sooo very right about KAZ. Talk about a robust personality, and his uncanny motivation with kids is amazing!! He can inspire you to walk through, walls and the kids don't hesitate to do as he asks. Any doubts, just check the number of kids on injury report. Watch KAZ on the sideline roaming the sideline inspiring those kids. Honestly, he's a jewel. If I'm a recruit, a man with KAZ abilities to improve your body and mind is worth a lot. In other words, preparing you for life is a big deal if you're a young athlete, or it should be!

TCU needed to change the whole atmosphere from top to bottom. I call it a cultural change. Donati isn't getting much credit for setting this transition, but he did. He's not a hooray kind guy. He prefers the understated way of conducting his duties. Doubts? Look where TCU stands in many sports throughout the country. Lots of top of the conference rankings in many sports.

Recently, there have been talks about TCU joining the Big 10 or the SEC and possible sightings of Donati in LA, Atlanta and the Big 10 office. Now is the time to put your school out there while the success is getting you good attention. Doors open when you have success and the potential of success is evident.

Double V, you absolutely nailed it when you say we needed to effect, completely a fresh approach! Did you ever!!!

Froggy Style

Seems like he wrote a very different article a week after they canned GP. How about you just write an article that says: Once again, I was wrong and everyone else was right.

LisaLT

THIS. We all know the deal. This article is not necessary and there is no reason to be a dead horse.