1. The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU men’s basketball is picked to finish near bottom of the Big 12 once again

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by TopFrog, Oct 30, 2020.

1. TCU men’s basketball is picked to finish near bottom of the Big 12 once again

BY DREW DAVISON

Expectations aren’t too high for TCU men’s basketball this season. At least based on the Big 12’s preseason poll as voted on by the league’s head coaches.

The Horned Frogs are picked to finish ninth in the 10-team league. They finished tied for 7th last season after being picked to finish last in the preseason poll.

The Baylor Bears are picked to win the league, garnering seven of the 10 votes. Kansas is second with three first-place votes followed by West Virginia, Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Iowa State. TCU is ninth with Kansas State picked to finish last.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article246810337.html

2. Give me a .500 record in conference and a tourney bid please. I don't care where the frogs finish in the conference standings if this is achieved.

3. The Big XII is now the premier BB conference in the country. Every game will be a battle

Big Frog II and Portland Frog like this.
  4. I think we’re overrated

BrewingFrog likes this.
  5. I do like our talent trend. We have been recruiting better as of late. That should pay out over the next few years.

6. Always so negative about any subject!!

So the question, do you like anything about TCU team sports?

7. Like our football team

jake102 and Salfrog like this.
  8. This roster is pretty solid. If they can defend and rebound well enough then they should be able to compete in the conference. Need to find a late in the shot clock scorer. With the depth hopefully we’ll play at a faster pace.

9. Solid roster for sure. If they can play basketball good, they will be good.

10. Better than the XC team.

Boomhauer likes this.
  11. Don't care. Part of the Season is in 2020. Anything can happen!

12. It was obviously a joke. But to answer your question: football is (and has been) in a downward trend and there’s no evidence of meaningful change or urgency; volleyball is spiraling downward although they do hustle; men’s basketball is basketball as far as I’m concerned but I’m at least intrigued, soccer will never interest me (although I did try a couple of years ago; Frog tennis is cool, and baseball is my passion (but they still can’t bunt for [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]).

Salfrog likes this.
  13. Currently, there appears to be some correlation between TCU athletics and the NYSE

15. Anderson is a basketball assistant too?

4th. down likes this.
  16. Dammit. I had high hopes this season for a 9th place finish.

Did they compete on a zoom treadmill meeting?

gohornedfrogs likes this.
  17. Pretty sure Donati is playing "how many of our programs can be in the bottom 25% of the Big 12"

Salfrog likes this.
  18. That was my thought, what an AD!

Salfrog and 4th. down like this.