• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU junior Tre’Vius Hodges-Tomlinson to weigh options this offseason

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU junior Tre’Vius Hodges-Tomlinson to weigh options this offseason

FTW_CalvsTCUcfb24

BY DREW DAVISON

TCU junior cornerback Tre’Vius Hodges-Tomlinson hasn’t decided whether he’ll return to school for another season or test the NFL Draft waters.

“I really don’t know,” Tomlinson said following TCU’s 48-14 loss to Iowa State in the regular-season finale Friday.

“It’s a big decision for me.”

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article256149332.html#storylink=cpy

tcudoc

I hope he stays. The rest of the D probably should head out.
He is definitely not ending on a strong year if he leaves. Not sure how the draft will treat him. Probably pretty hard to tell his true talent based on that overall group effort. Shoeless Joe Jackson never really got his deserved recognition.

Armadillo

I honestly didn’t think the dude had a very good year. Do what you gotta do but coming back for another year seems like the best idea to me.
I 100% agree. I also think he is immensely talented but seemed utterly lost on defense this past season, just like the rest of the defense at times. I think a new DC will help him tremendously.

MadFrog

He had a bad year.

To me, he is like the entire defense. They are just not intelligent enough to understand complicated defenses. Plus, our sack leader only had 4 sacks (the KSU guy had more than that in ONE game). Our LBs are always out of position. Our DBs can't tackle. And on and on...

Pharm Frog

He had a bad year.

To me, he is like the entire defense. They are just not intelligent enough to understand complicated defenses. Plus, our sack leader only had 4 sacks (the KSU guy had more than that in ONE game). Our LBs are always out of position. Our DBs can't tackle. And on and on...
I don’t think he had a bad year. He didn’t have a great year but it wasn’t bad. If he leaves, so be it. Nothing more or less than a “whatever” from me.

Wexahu

He is a leader. We don't have many on this bunch, and it'd be a shame to lose one of the few we have.
Our defense played like it was “led” by a 5’9”, 170 pounder.

We need to find some ill tempered guys 100 pounds heavier than that that like to hit people and inflict some pain to lead the defense. Who in our front 6 got pissed as they were getting their asses kicked?

netty2424

Nothing helped THT(or any DB for that matter) more than TMW. I think THT was trying to do more than he needed to this season because the secondary as a whole wasn’t good. He wasn’t able to just focus on being a lock down corner.

Wexahu

He's just so dang small. Really hard to make a career at that size in the NFL.
Kevin White was a very good CB for us too. Probably as good as THT. Barely got a sniff in the NFL because he too was just too dang small. Exact same for Texada.

THT could very well transfer but I don’t see the NFL being much of an option for him.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Our defense played like it was “led” by a 5’9”, 170 pounder.

We need to find some ill tempered guys 100 pounds heavier than that that like to hit people and inflict some pain to lead the defense. Who in our front 6 got pissed as they were getting their asses kicked?
Well, you play with what you've got. We evidently don't have anybody tall and big and fast. What we do have are short and fast.

It was said that he was a leader on the team. That he led by example in workouts and in other areas. This organization needs leaders like that in the locker room.

mgsouthpaw

the successful track record of frogs leaving early and doing well in the nfl is, uh, limited to say the least.

heck tons have left early to not even get drafted (Chris hackett, etc).