• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU football’s Zach Evans sidelined due to injury, not celebration penalty, coach says

netty2424

Posted this on 247 as well……

Watching the replay of the game on ESPNU right now. Evans TD that was overturned because he was just short is where he hurt I’m his foot I’m guessing.

As he was going down, a tech defender was trying to tackle him and literally sat down on Evans heel as they went down. You could see it put a lot of weight/pressure on his foot.

You could see it clearly because it was being reviewed and they showed it several times in slow motion.

After that play, Spivey was somewhat helping him off field and Evans was definitely moving with a limp at that point.

Planks

You think SMU will win at Cincy?

I think they absolutely could, SMU seems to be playing up and down to the level of their competition this season, they will bring their A+ game and give Cincy a serious run for their money. But I do think Cincy is the better team and will probably win the game. With that being said it’s definitely a possibility that SMU ends up in a NY6 bowl this season, and us TCU fans should probably start mentally preparing ourselves for that possibility.

The main point I’m making is a 6-6 record is going to feel a lot less acceptable in a season where SMU is potentially going to be in a NY6 bowl. The whole “little old TCU, we should be thankful to even be in a bowl game” schtick is going to fall very flat if SMU is playing in the the Fiesta bowl and we are 6-6/7-5 playing in the Buffalo Wild Wings bowl.

Wexahu

I think they absolutely could, SMU seems to be playing up and down to the level of their competition this season, they will bring their A+ game and give Cincy a serious run for their money. But I do think Cincy is the better team and will probably win the game. With that being said it’s definitely a possibility that SMU ends up in a NY6 bowl this season, and us TCU fans should probably start mentally preparing ourselves for that possibility.

The main point I’m making is a 6-6 record is going to feel a lot less acceptable in a season where SMU is potentially going to be in a NY6 bowl. The whole “little old TCU, we should be thankful to even be in a bowl game” schtick is going to fall very flat if SMU is playing in the the Fiesta bowl and we are 6-6/7-5 playing in the Buffalo Wild Wings bowl.
It's a possibility, but still a very small one at this point. They still have the meat of their conference schedule to play, not to mention the AAC CG if they make it that far.

And personally, I don't really get into the worrying about SMU thing much. If they make a NY6, good for them, they will have earned it. So I am mentally prepared for that outcome I guess.