• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU data analysis corrects S-T findings on percentage of black males who are athletes

Punter1

I know this is a trivial point...but 33.5% of 218 is 73.03.

With such small two and three digit numbers, How the darn can't we get to a number without a decimal??

Opintel

Moderators
I think we have few Journalists, most are opinion writers.The difference is in giving facts, then, if they want, an identified opinion on what it means. Sure, be entertaining, but include what occurred, somewhere in there.

Like: In my opinion...

Sort of in the style of an Intelligence Briefing.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Given the right/left divide in this country, I'm would be surprised if any article or story is ever 100% facts.

Chancellor Bosini said in Saturday's commencement address that too much energy is being wasted in controversy in our country.

He told our newest TCU Alumni to take a second, bite their tongues, and think before claimimg that a person is a "goofball".

In that moment you hesitate you might realize that you are the "goofball".

I love TCU.

Go Frogs!

Well said, Vic!
May we be fortunate enough to kelp him here healthy & happy till his retirement. I haven’t kept up, did his last daughter graduate in purple yet?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I don’t understand the methodology used. That was guaranteed to be flawed. Poor editorial management and leadership to allow that to go.

Frog79

Politically biased, lazy, inaccurate journalism is de rigueur for the ST these days and really has been for years. IMHO the poster boy for this journalistic abomination is Bud Kennedy who can't seem to be bothered to do rigorous fact checking for his articles or muzzle his liberal bias. However, from looking at recent photos of Bud he seems to have plenty of motivation and energy to get to the buffet table so he's got that going for him.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Given the right/left divide in this country, I'm would be surprised if any article or story is ever 100% facts.

Chancellor Bosini said in Saturday's commencement address that too much energy is being wasted in controversy in our country.

He told our newest TCU Alumni to take a second, bite their tongues, and think before claimimg that a person is a "goofball".

In that moment you hesitate you might realize that you are the "goofball".

I love TCU.

Go Frogs!

https://www.theatlantic.com/busines...ted-under-paid-middle-aged-men-mostly/361891/

Says it all- 4 out 5 identify as Democrats.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Colin Powell said the following regarding intelligence reporting. Should apply to journalism as well.

“Tell me what you know. Tell me what you don’t know. Then tell me what you think. Always distinguish which is which.”

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
[QUOTE="Hoosierfrog, post:

Says it all- 4 out 5 identify as Democrats.

'Nuff Said[/QUOTE]

But the sole conservative leaning network, Fox News, The lone voice crying out in the dark continues to be the punching bag for the left that apparently wants a full monopoly on thought. While CNN is a 24 hour Trump hatefest (not all of which is necessarily warranted), Fox at least allows Trump dissenters to freely speak, while nothing similar goes on in the echo chamber of the left.

Frog-in-law1995

'Nuff Said

But the sole conservative leaning network, Fox News, The lone voice crying out in the dark continues to be the punching bag for the left that apparently wants a full monopoly on thought. While CNN is a 24 hour Trump hatefest (not all of which is necessarily warranted), Fox at least allows Trump dissenters to freely speak, while nothing similar goes on in the echo chamber of the left.[/QUOTE]

You watch CNN?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
But the sole conservative leaning network, Fox News, The lone voice crying out in the dark continues to be the punching bag for the left that apparently wants a full monopoly on thought. While CNN is a 24 hour Trump hatefest (not all of which is necessarily warranted), Fox at least allows Trump dissenters to freely speak, while nothing similar goes on in the echo chamber of the left.

You watch CNN?[/QUOTE]

I watch several so that I can piece together what is really going on. CNN is often really good for comedy relief. The day they announced talks with North Korea, CNN is all about Stormy Daniels all day...