• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU ‘pleasantly surprised’ by NCAA granting extra eligibility to spring athletes

jake102

Once again - why haven't they increased roster limits/scholarship limits? Seems obvious. At the very least cut the difference in half, then a quarter the following year and then gone.

MTfrog5

Once again - why haven't they increased roster limits/scholarship limits? Seems obvious. At the very least cut the difference in half, then a quarter the following year and then gone.
It’s my understanding they have but schools still have to pay for the scholarships which isn’t the same across the board.

Pharm Frog

Seniors who choose to return will not count against the 11.7 or roster cap. But that's generally not where the issue resides. It's that junior class which has the potential to be drafted that you have to over-recruit for to ensure you don't get left without players if those juniors declare. Have the same issue with draft eligible sophs. There seems to be some hope that the NCAA recognizes that baseball has that roster cap and makes additional accommodations for it instead of applying a blanket spring sport edict.

Pharm Frog

Could benefit from some @Moose Stuff perspective in this thread IMO. There’s got to be some really psychology in play with only 5 rounds and signing $’s changing. Does this increase HS draft ratio? Do we see more or fewer junior declarations? How does this impact agents/advisors and their recommendations?

I have to believe that this year will be that lone dot standing way away from the others on the scatterplots.

Moose Stuff

Could benefit from some @Moose Stuff perspective in this thread IMO. There’s got to be some really psychology in play with only 5 rounds and signing $’s changing. Does this increase HS draft ratio? Do we see more or fewer junior declarations? How does this impact agents/advisors and their recommendations?

I have to believe that this year will be that lone dot standing way away from the others on the scatterplots.

Ask me again in a month or so. It's gonna be a bizarre draft. I sense HS kids will be tough to sign because so many of them didn't get scouted heavily. My guess is JRs who don't get drafted aren't gonna want $20,000 and will return to school. SRs.... I have no idea what those guys are gonna want to do. Probably depends on how much money their school is giving them and whether or not they graduated this spring. It's a mess.

Pharm Frog

Ask me again in a month or so. It's gonna be a bizarre draft. I sense HS kids will be tough to sign because so many of them didn't get scouted heavily. My guess is JRs who don't get drafted aren't gonna want $20,000 and will return to school. SRs.... I have no idea what those guys are gonna want to do. Probably depends on how much money their school is giving them and whether or not they graduated this spring. It's a mess.

Sheesh Moose...least you could do is use one of the models I know you guys have to make some projections. What’s this gimme a month thing? Nobody’s gonna hold you to any projections....there’s never been a better time to make some wild ass guesses. Everybody’s doing it. /s

Moose Stuff

Sheesh Moose...least you could do is use one of the models I know you guys have to make some projections. What’s this gimme a month thing? Nobody’s gonna hold you to any projections....there’s never been a better time to make some wild ass guesses. Everybody’s doing it. /s

I predict there will be a draft and some kids will sign.

Pharm Frog

possible when you do the math.

frogs show 34 players on the roster, 11.7 scholarships leaves 22.3 players who are paying full ticket

$1,200,000.00 divided by 22.3 is $53,811.66.

Look at the number of private schools in Power 5 conferences and take out Vandy and Stanford for starters. What does that leave you with? Northwestern, USC, Baylor, Miami, Notre Dame, Duke, Wake, other?