• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU’s KaVontae Turpin: All I’m asking is forgiveness and a second chance

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

TCU’s KaVontae Turpin: All I’m asking is forgiveness and a second chance

BY DREW DAVISON
ddavison@star-telegram.com

Ex-TCU returner KaVontae Turpin is asking for forgiveness and a second chance after being dismissed from the Frogs’ football team last month on the heels of arrests for two domestic violence charges.

Turpin issued his first lengthy statement since being kicked off the team, posting on his Twitter account: “First off, I want to thank Texas Christian University for giving me an opporutnity to be a part of their program. I want to thank Coach [Gary] Patterson and the whole coaching staff for growing me up and teaching me things I didn’t know in life. That was a blessing and I’m grateful for that.

“I want to thank the TCU community and my brothers for helping me becoming the person I am today. I appreciate the fans for always having my back through the worst times and the good times.

“I disappointed a lot of people, all I’m asking is forgiveness and a second chance. Believe me Turpin Time is not over. I’m grateful for all and wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving.”

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article222066790.html

Froglaw

I forgive him.

Stupid and dumb as his decisions were when it came to physically abusing his girlfriend, all forgiven.

Now go and do something with your life and I don't mean football.

Be a great Dad, a loving husband, mentor college athletes and tell them your story.

Do something other than post a tweet.

I really think you can turn the page.