1. The KillerFrogs

FWST: Signs point toward Doug Meacham becoming TCU football’s new offensive coordinator

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by TopFrog, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Signs point toward Doug Meacham becoming TCU football’s new offensive coordinator

BY DREW DAVISON

TCU football didn’t have to look far for its next offensive coordinator.

Doug Meacham is expected to receive the promotion from inside receivers/tight ends coach to OC, a source confirmed on Thursday afternoon. Meacham has updated his Twitter bio to reflect the change.

However, a source said the promotion is not finalized yet. It is still in the paperwork process like Kenny Hill’s promotion from analyst to quarterbacks coach.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article248670905.html

2. Good for Doug and hopefully good for us.

tcuwags and Horned Toad like this.
  3. drew is right on top of this

4. [​IMG]

5. About a week after JC and 247 reported/leaked/insinuated it..

Salfrog and 4th. down like this.
  6. Other signs point to the sun rising in the East tomorrow morning

7. Ok glad its confirmed but I can't get passed the thought that we just hired a guy who was fired from the same position at Kansas less than 3 yrs ago

8. Fascinating...I was thinking GP would go with a complete outsider known for innovative and disruptive offensive schemes. Somebody with fresh ideas to challenge the thinking of overall program. Surprised he went inside the program with the pick.

9. For some strange reason I’m not sure that KU’s OC was their issue...

10. Is this a good thing?? Seems like more of the same ole same ole for next year...

frog9999, Putt4Purple and Salfrog like this.
  11. Great............... TCU will pass the ball 65 times a game. Even on 1st and Goal from the 1.

Terrific.....................

frog9999, Strat Frog and 4th. down like this.
  12. Since he was in practice if not name the OC this past season....

13. Pretty sure Meacham is the guy that convinced GMFP that the WR sweep is a power running play!!!

Look for 4 RB's to enter the Transfer Portal as their never gonna see the MF ball!!!!!

14. maybe not their ONLY issue but he didn't help much either

frog9999 likes this.
  15. Maybe J. Kill will be the equalizer? Hopefully he will even out the run/pass ratio. I hope so!! Go Frogs!

4th. down likes this.
  16. The run ratio didn’t seem to be an issue this year.

MCFROG III, Shorty, tcuwags and 2 others like this.
  17. He did go with an outside innovator. Just last year. Head Coach of Offense and Chief Guru Jerry Kill. Strangely, not a word from him about the promotion of one of his people.

18. I seem to remember Aaron Green having some really great games with DM calling plays so Doug isn't totally immune to running the football.

I had a much bigger problem with the RB rotation last year trying to get 4 guys carries than the amount of times we ran. I can't stand watching games where our QB has 19 carries and none of the RB's have more than 6.