• The KillerFrogs

FWST: It’s unfair, but everything TCU football does reads like a knock on Gary Patterson

LVH

I have zero expectations for this year's football season. But again I had zero expectations for basketball coming into last season and we had our best season in 35 years.

WIN

Big time college coaching has nothing to do with fairness. As my old coach would say "life's not fair".

FrogCop19

You can tell Meacham went to the Gary Patterson School of Eloquence.

“It’s a little bit more flow, a little bit less abrasive, which there’s nothing wrong with an abrasive style, but a little less abrasive, a little more teaching and a little bit more of trying to cultivate having fun but at the same time getting what you want out of it, but not making it complete drudgery, which when I played that’s just what it was,” TCU offensive assistant Doug Meacham said Thursday morning.

One Frog Nation

I have no idea what to expect for next year. I hope we win them all, but I am thinking probably not. I am more excited about this coming year than I have been in the last 5 or so years. TCU had become too predictable on both offense and defense. I think the 3-3-5 will be a better defense for the frogs to play and on offense the skill players are there. Questions abound around the O-line and the QB spot. There were too many passes knocked down at the line in the Friday night purple - white game and that can' be a positive.
5-7
6-4
5-7
the last 3 years, for improvement we have to be 6-6 but really should be 7-5. The Oct 1 game in FTW against OU, I think could tell the season.

ECM

Sonny Dykes will fail miserably at TCU. His best finish at SMU was third in the division in the AAC; he cant win big games, he’s mediocre in game and was out of his element against better coaches (Norvell, Fickell, Holgorson). Oh and he’s already lost Samples and his recruiting outside of him was pretty mediocre at SMU. Enjoy!

CountryFrog

Sonny Dykes will fail miserably at TCU. His best finish at SMU was third in the division in the AAC; he cant win big games, he’s mediocre in game and was out of his element against better coaches (Norvell, Fickell, Holgorson). Oh and he’s already lost Samples and his recruiting outside of him was pretty mediocre at SMU. Enjoy!
SMU finishing 3rd in their division is a banner season on the hilltop. I'm surprised there wasn't a parade.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Back to the original BSP headline tease...I think it was unfair to our fanbase that Gary refused to make changes, keep up with the times, and follow instructions to upgrade his staff to the point where the coach and the program had to part ways. I see the fans as the big losers here, as we had to wallow in several seasons of mediocrity, being fed a crap sandwich, all because he was too rigid and proud to do the right things.

HToady

Why do coaches get fired? IDK because what they were doing wasn’t working. Mac just stating the obvious but trying to turn it into a controversy

GenXFrog

If there were truth in advertising, we'd see this headline:

FWST: It’s unfair, but everything [Big Steaming Pile] does reads like a knock on TCU football​