• The KillerFrogs

FWST: It’s unfair, but everything TCU football does reads like a knock on Gary Patterson

Klaw

Back to the original BSP headline tease...I think it was unfair to our fanbase that Gary refused to make changes, keep up with the times, and follow instructions to upgrade his staff to the point where the coach and the program had to part ways. I see the fans as the big losers here, as we had to wallow in several seasons of mediocrity, being fed a crap sandwich, all because he was too rigid and proud to do the right things.
Well said and completely agree.

Also, Garry’s BS had started to outweigh his production on the field. When that happened, it was time to make a change

asleep003

Name a good team he beat at SMU. I’ll wait.
Name the best season since Pony Gate. The last 7 coaches aggregate since, .238 wins... best was June Jones at .456, while Dikes picked up [ Finebaum ], and turned it into a .638 wins for da ungrateful Ponies in the toughest league they've been in, during the past three decades ...

Last edited:

Froggy Style

I think the statue changed Gary ... Moral: don't erect monuments for people while they are still in the job.
This.

Also, being 60ish someone less likely to scrap things and start over. Dude had to go because he didn’t know how to adjust…in so many ways.