1. The KillerFrogs

FWST: Intent matters, and Gary Patterson can’t ever say that word

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by TopFrog, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Intent matters, and Gary Patterson can’t ever say that word

By Mac Engel

TCU linebacker Dylan Jordan, you buried the lede.

In a rant the redshirt player posted on social media on Monday, Jordan waited until the 200th word to drop the allegation that TCU head coach Gary Patterson used the N-word around him. The post was 270 words.

Before the potential career-altering allegation, Jordan wrote about playing time. He wrote about how Patterson basically made fun of him, and then chewed him out for essentially what amounts to acting like a child.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article244694127.html#storylink=cpy

2. #2 Bob Sugar, Aug 4, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    Whew. I was hoping Muck would have the guts to chime in. The nation is in a better place now that we have his guidance on race issues.

3. Yea!

Muck Face to the rescue to save us all from bad words via his ignorant opinion.

Yea!

4. What does Muck instruct at TCU? It can't be any traditional form of journalism. Perhaps how to summarize what has happened and been "said"...then get it twisted, and incorrect?

Fire him.

5. Pretty sure he is the faculty sponsor for TCU 360.

6. Thanks. Didn't we have an old fence post we could have used?

Salfrog and Bob Sugar like this.
  7. And here is that odor we all knew would come wafting through...

Salfrog and Bob Sugar like this.
  8. If Mac wrote an article and it didn't get posted on here would anyone read it?

ftwfrog, BABYFACE, Frogs01 and 8 others like this.
  9. Thank goodness for pay walls...

Bob Sugar, Eight and Double D like this.
  10. Muck-a-Mucil right on time!

4 Oaks Frog, Froglaw, 82Frog and 2 others like this.
  11. Amazing that Muck left out key parts to this story. Well, not really, Muck is a sack of [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] and a whiney [ hundin].

12. On another note: EAD, Muck.

4 Oaks Frog, HG73 and Bob Sugar like this.
  13. This is such a non story. Only this idiot would feel the need to write about with his own spin to it.

I don’t know what the future holds for this player, but he created a [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] storm for no legitimate reason. Sour grapes and being called out for breaking team rules. This one clearly has a LOT of growing up to do.

14. With the same patented results!

4 Oaks Frog and Froglaw like this.
  15. I would gladly pay for good TCU content online. I did with pressboxDFW. I would again with the star-telegram... if Mac was fired or leaves. I just can not support them knowing that he is on the staff.

16. This is from his bio on his website.

"He served as an adjunct professor at the Schieffer School of Journalism at TCU for 10 years. He will join the SMU journalism school to teach a class in the fall of 2019."

17. Headline says intent matters. His intent was to tell the kid not use an offending word. Where is there offending intent?

18. That was exactly the point of the headline. There was no offending intent.

TopFrog, Horned Toad and YA like this.
  19. Couldn’t read due to pay wall. Good to know it wasn’t their typical hit piece.

Frog-in-law1995 likes this.