• The KillerFrogs

FWST: How bad is TCU? One expert explains why they’re the most disappointing team in CFB

Leap Frog

Censorship is a bad thing-- don't want to be told what to read or not to read.
If someone writes that I am old, dumb and ugly, I can take it and know where I stand.
BTW, the person who told me that would be correct as much as I would disagree.

Casey T

Serious question, why do you want to censor or restrict and news or information? Surely you are able to pick and choose what you want to click on and read and let others make those decisions for themselves.

Censorship is when content and viewpoints are not allowed to be posted.

Choosing to not spread their trash even further is not censorship, it is a rational response to their poor content. Posting their stories is supporting them. They get more clicks when their stories are posted here. Fact.

The ST will still exist and still post their trash. We aren't censoring them. We just would no longer be spreading their messages even further

Pharm Frog

Agree, I cannot believe they decided this was something to make an article. There is no apparent editorial/newsroom leadership at the FWST. They are unable to generate, develop enterprise and informative news articles. They are interested only in attention-grabbing headlines used for click bait.

1. Yes you can.
  2. Been that way for quite a long time.
  3. Prefer to think of as unwilling more so than unable but you are probably correct. Stupidity or laziness...not a good choice among them.
  4. Has been admitted to by one of their so-called writers.

Eight

Ask the board owners. I will follow their direction.

Serious question, why do you want to censor or restrict and news or information? Surely you are able to pick and choose what you want to click on and read and let others make those decisions for themselves.

In my very crude and limited perspective this piece neither qualifies as news or information.

Exactly what in it would qualify as news?

What it appears to me is just another attempt to generate ad revenue, but stirring up [ Finebaum ] by linking to two guys talking who really have nothing in their background that makes them an expert other than they were designated so by the headline writer in the attempt to generate traffic.

There is a distinct difference between censorship and discretion and while too much of either can be stifling a lack of each is equally as damaging to the public good.

Frog-in-law1995

Ask the board owners. I will follow their direction.

Because it’s no longer news or information.

DickBumpastache

99% of the dipshits calling for censorship are 'conservatives' who just can't handle getting their feelings hurt. In other words, snowflakes.

We are a disappointing team. Grow a pair and deal with it.

Limey Frog

I don't need to click this link to know that I am more disappointed with TCU than any other team. But, then, I don't give a poo about all the others.

99% of the dipshits calling for censorship are 'conservatives' who just can't handle getting their feelings hurt. In other words, snowflakes.

ED15C590-559B-4215-BA14-AF34BFE9F029.jpeg
It is not censorship when a private citizen or entity chooses not to read or promote a “news” organization that is a) worthless and b) hostile to an institution we all love. The starlegram is free to spew their garbage. I am free not to partake. KFC is free to prohibit links on their site. No ones 1st amendment rights is being infringed on.
Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences. Tswizzle is free to espouse a political hot take and I’m free to not buy her music (for my daughter...really).

Eight

But it is what is being written about our Frogs, whether on a national level or, in this case, the hometown newspaper. So it is information for us as fans, and for the school and team.

what was written?

it is a freaking link to a blog which is nothing more than a couple of guys sharing their thoughts.

Eight

this is such tired [ Finebaum ]

censorship is making an attempt to stop people from saying something

discretion is recognizing this is not about news, information, or even putting forth a well thought out opinion, but as mac himself said generating ad traffic.

Mean Purple

Tipper Gore called and said you're welcome for the age restrictions and censorship labels on music.

Spike

Assuming most of us are intelligent adults we can choose to read whatever lungs we want, and comment and critique those lungs we like or don't like. I try to post articles written about TCU to help keep us informed on what is being written, said or on info in general about our Frogs.

Top, keep being Top. Thank you. HT. That is all!