• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Gary Patterson’s biggest beef with the CFP? It’s still a popularity contest

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Gary Patterson’s biggest beef with the CFP? It’s still a popularity contest

BY DREW DAVISON

TCU coach Gary Patterson doesn’t trust the College Football Playoff selection committee and isn’t too fond of it using “style points” to determine the four best teams.

“I don’t think anybody trusts them,” Patterson told ESPN for an article that surveyed 62 coaches for their opinions on the playoff. “I don’t mean that in a bad way, but the people you have on it, I don’t trust anybody to recruit for me. If I just followed all of the recruiting services, I’d be fired by now.”

Patterson elaborated on his stance Tuesday, particularly with the reference of “style points” serving as a determining factor.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article237073479.html

texpat-ute

Gary Patterson’s biggest beef with the CFP? It’s still a popularity contest

BY DREW DAVISON

TCU coach Gary Patterson doesn’t trust the College Football Playoff selection committee and isn’t too fond of it using “style points” to determine the four best teams.

“I don’t think anybody trusts them,” Patterson told ESPN for an article that surveyed 62 coaches for their opinions on the playoff. “I don’t mean that in a bad way, but the people you have on it, I don’t trust anybody to recruit for me. If I just followed all of the recruiting services, I’d be fired by now.”

Patterson elaborated on his stance Tuesday, particularly with the reference of “style points” serving as a determining factor.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article237073479.html

texpat-ute

Yes, it is. Notre Dame, Alabama, USC, Zero U, Texas all are legacy programs with limitless sunshine pumping from the pimp press while other programs are out there slogging it. When Utah went to the Fiesta Bowl in 2005, the network (ABC or Fox if I recollect) had this segment about the “little train that could”. The “little train” enrolled 30,000 students and has an enormous research footprint. Same with the Sugar
Bowl.