• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Art Briles is untouchable in this Baylor mess

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FWST: Art Briles is untouchable in this Baylor mess
By Randy Galloway
Special to the Star-Telegram

Down in Waco, the Baylor slime factor has overflowed the banks of the Brazos, and many people over the last week, 99.9 percent of them outside of McLennan County, are blaming Art Briles.

I’m not here to blame Briles. The Bear cages are circled in Waco, defending Art. I’m also not here to defend Art. Art did what Art did because that’s what Art does.

A Baylor grad, then graduate student/real-good-football-player named Sam Ukwuachu, that’s who you blame. When it comes to dealing with women, this Ukwuachu guy is obviously one sick and miserable rodent.

Not exactly the kind of young man anyone would want on his college campus, and certainly wouldn’t want in the same state with coeds. ...

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/randy-galloway/article32751300.html

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Guaranteed a lot of people might be disciplined or fired in Waco but one of them will not be Briles. Baylor has sold its soul to the devil.

ECoastFrog

Ya gotta believe in karma, though. Some how, some way, this will come back on Briles. Everyone has seen what he's done, how he thinks and how he acts. It has gone national. Sure glad he has nothing to do with TCU.

Wow what a great article. Someone had balls to say something EVERYONE is thinking and knows to be true unless you are a fan of Baylor. Or a Briles apologist. To keep a rapist on the program after the crime I think is as damning as knowing or not knowing about the kid's violent tendencies/depression/anger/etc. before bringing him in the program.

Bravo Galloway!

Bizarro Frog

Still amazed at how many Baylor fans still think this is a witch hunt and Briles is a saint. He brings on violent offenders, protects them and then has the University cover for him. Sometimes you have to accept the consequences when the criminals come home to roost Baylor.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
Recent Striver Syndrome...ya' work years to get any good, just now become nearly successful, and then they threaten to take it away...you make a bear sow with cubs look tame in reaction.

Realtorfrog

Both Artie and drew are both protected as long as they keep Baylor in the news. They will continue to recruit kids with a past. Baylor has had more publicity in the past 2 years than they had in the last 100.

Galloway has summarized Baylor's corrupt debacle perfectly.....

"Down in Waco, the slime factor has overflowed the banks of the Brazos"

"Art did what Art did because that's what Art does"

Slime begets slime....

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
He understates (for now) Starr's role in this. He is not an innocent bystander. He knew all about this the whole time. They are in a tough spot because Bethany McCraw may go off the reservation when BU ultimately throws her to the wolves. 

Lone Frog

Dutch said:
He understates (for now) Starr's role in this. He is not an innocent bystander. He knew all about this the whole time. They are in a tough spot because Bethany McCraw may go off the reservation when BU ultimately throws her to the wolves. 

She will receive a generous separation package contingent upon signing and abiding by an NDA.

cdsfrog

Lone Frog said:

She will receive a generous separation package contingent upon signing and abiding by an NDA.

Possibly but not sure I would take anything short of something ridiculous like 1 million. That could destroy her career for life.

Reptilian

Personally, I think this sordid mess has finally sobered Starr up after years of downing Green and Gold Drank. I think he was over confident in the people in his atheletic depart and was sure an acquittal was coming. Now, He sees Baylor's rep getting ripped apart by the National Media, talk show hosts, talking heads like Herbie, like a school of piranhas on a wounded water buffalo. I don't think anyone is sacred in his eyes anymore. His legacy is on the line.

I think the announcing the External Investigation was a giant F-u to everyone that may be culpible including Mr awshucks himself.

Now, if hire some rinky dink Waco law firm for the investigation I will be as sceptical as everyone else. Hopefully, they hire a power firm from Dallas, Houston, out of state, etc.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Reptilian said:
Personally, I think this sordid mess has finally sobered Starr up after years of downing Green and Gold Drank. I think he was over confident in the people in his atheletic depart and was sure an acquittal was coming. Now, He sees Baylor's rep getting ripped apart by the National Media, talk show hosts, talking heads like Herbie, like a school of piranhas on a wounded water buffalo. I don't think anyone is sacred in his eyes anymore. His legacy is on the line.

I the announcing the External Investigation was a giant F-u to everyone that may be culpible including Mr awshucks himself.

Now, if hire some rinky dink Waco law firm for the investigation I will be as sceptical as everyone else. Hopefully, they hire a power firm from Dallas, Houston, out of state, etc.
Yep. Hire the external and quietly get the hell out. If he doesn't retire I'm sure he could get a job knighting people at Medieval Times.