• The KillerFrogs

FWST: An NBA scout's biggest unanswered question about TCU's Kenrich Williams

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
An NBA scout's biggest unanswered question about TCU's Kenrich Williams

BY Big Steaming Pile
tengel@star-telegram.com

An NBA scout is convinced Kenrich Williams can play in the NBA, and score in the NBA, but he’s not so sure if he can defend in the NBA.

That sort of scouting report fits a looooooooooot of aspiring NBAers.

The TCU guard/forward will play his final game at Schollmaier Arena on Tuesday against Kansas State, and Williams is his school’s best (only?) shot at making the NBA since Lee Nailon in 1999.

SuperTFrog

Dean Wade owned us last night until the last 5 minutes or so when Kenrich started guarding him. I know that is a sample size of one, but he was great on defense last night against a really good player (at least the announcers would have us believe that).

tcumaniac

Dean Wade owned us last night until the last 5 minutes or so when Kenrich started guarding him. I know that is a sample size of one, but he was great on defense last night against a really good player (at least the announcers would have us believe that).

I noticed it in person too. Seemed to be the only one who could defend him.

BABYFACE

KW could put up 20 points a night, but he chooses not to look to score or force those attempts. He lets scoring opportunities come to him based on the opposing D is doing.

When he looks to put the ball in the basket, he is as unstoppable as any other player on the team. His rebounding is superb and plays solid D. I maybe wrong, but I think KW still has a high ceiling and can grow into a solid NBA player.

Limp Lizard

Not many guys his height have guard-like quickness. Definitely the closest thing to a NBA prospect since Nailon. Seems to have a better head on his shoulders than Nailon, too.

Wexahu

KW could put up 20 points a night, but he chooses not to look to score or force those attempts. He lets scoring opportunities come to him based on the opposing D is doing.

When he looks to put the ball in the basket, he is as unstoppable as any other player on the team. His rebounding is superb and plays solid D. I maybe wrong, but I think KW still has a high ceiling and can grow into a solid NBA player.

I agree but I'd like to see him be more assertive on offense. He's our best offensive weapon but he defers too much IMO. When he gets into the mode of attacking the defense he's pretty darn good.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Remember the one KW hit, dead center above the FT line and just inside the 3 point arc? I hated that shot until the moment it went in, and I feel that way about a lot of his shots... He's got some good offense and I think puts in good effort on D most times. I will be excited to see how his game translates to the league.

Gunner

Williams is a totally unselfish player. A good passer and he always looks for the open man. Has really long arms and is a good ball handler. Stuff the NBA wants.

Chico Dusty

I love college basketball. I’ve been to both the NCAA finals and nba finals game 7 and would 100/100 go to the NBA game. However, if the Frogs were in it, there is no place I would rather be. The beauty of the world, you can like and enjoy both if you so please.