• The KillerFrogs

FWST: ‘No one comes to Texas for Fort Worth.’ SMU receiver Rashee Rice rips Fort Worth, TCU

Dogfrog

Norman Mailer's book "Oswalds Tale: An American Mystery" chronicles his growing up and his movements, and many exact locations in FW and D (also New Orleans and NYC). The book: "The Interloper: Lee Harvey Oswald In the Soviet Union" documents his life in his 2 1/2 years over there. I found them fascinating.

Very interesting character IMO. He was a high security clearance radar guy for U2 intel flights based in Japan when our U2 was shot down in Russia. Then defected to Russia. Then returns and tries to kill a right wing US general in Dallas. His contacts with Russia, military, Cuba, etc prior to the assassination don’t necessarily mean he wasn’t just a loner / loser. Just interesting.

SuperTFrog

Before 2019, SMU fans (and players) were generally mum prior to this game...could have been because wins on their part were so rare....But I recall them talking a lot of trash in 2019, and apparently we didn't listen or believe them....They were confident enough to claim they would win....We were mentally unprepared....41-38, Mustangs, and the season was a shambles....Now here they are again, talking smack....Get ready, Frogs, it's gonna be bumpy....
In the first half we fumbled three times inside our own 25…and they won by 3. That will not happen again and we will roll. I’m putting my money where my mouth is and betting the Frogs to cover.

CardFrog

I don't like players talking [ Finebaum ] before games, but SMU can brag a bit as they own the last win. If we play the way we can and they do the same we win this thing by 3 maybe 4 touchdowns...again if.

6Frog6

They flew Air Force One from Meacham to Love Field. What’s that, a five minute flight?
No, AF1 landed at Carswell on Thursday night and the next day flew to Love Field. It was raining on Friday morning and cleared off before JFK left for Dallas. Several of us saw JFK on Thursday night in downtown Ft Worth.

Dogfrog

No, AF1 landed at Carswell on Thursday night and the next day flew to Love Field. It was raining on Friday morning and cleared off before JFK left for Dallas. Several of us saw JFK on Thursday night in downtown Ft Worth.
good catch. Guess I just assumed Meacham.