• The KillerFrogs

FWST: ‘It’s miserable to watch,’ TCU coach says after Frogs shut down by Seton Hall pitcher

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
‘It’s miserable to watch,’ TCU coach says after Frogs shut down by Seton Hall pitcher

By Drew Davison

TCU baseball coach Jim Schlossnagle made sure he found Seton Hall right-hander Noah Thompson before he left Lupton Stadium.

Thompson, the Frisco Liberty product, had just turned in his best pitching performance in more than a month, leading the Pirates to a 7-3 victory over the Frogs on Sunday afternoon.

“He was awesome,” Schlossnagle said. “That’s why I went over and shook his hand. I’m a pitching guy at heart. I can appreciate an unbelievable outing like that. It was fun to watch. That’s what I told our pitchers. If you couldn’t see it from the bullpen, you may want to sit down and watch that video."

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article229253224.html#storylink=cpy

Eight

I don’t know if this is a new motivational approach by Schloss or if he’s genuinely irritated, but I can’t recall him being this negative about his team. Just seems out of character. Maybe it’ll light a fire, who knows.

specifically when schloss is talking about the miserable part he is referring to the pitching staff.

enjoy watching the game, but never really played outside the neighborhood, but maybe it is because they have a group of older, more experienced pitchers who are struggling to throw strikes.

maybe it is because one junior has provided the leadership in his performance you would hope from an upper classmen and others maybe resistant to what they are being asked to do by sarloos and schloss

Pharm Frog

After the game there was a pitchers meeting on the infield while the position players packed up in the dugout. It was very apparent where the dissatisfaction was which I found odd because they’d have to have allowed only two runs to win on Sunday. The Hall pitcher threw well but was nothing special IMO.

tcujsauce

After the game there was a pitchers meeting on the infield while the position players packed up in the dugout. It was very apparent where the dissatisfaction was which I found odd because they’d have to have allowed only two runs to win on Sunday. The Hall pitcher threw well but was nothing special IMO.

Allowing 2 or fewer runs used to be a regular occurrence for TCU pitching staffs of the past.

LawFrog504

2016 we had real problems with starting pitching for much of the year, and we got it going at the right time in the A&M Super regional. I'm still holding out hope for that to happen, although I know we weren't this bad pitching wise back then

flyfishingfrog

2016 we had real problems with starting pitching for much of the year, and we got it going at the right time in the A&M Super regional. I'm still holding out hope for that to happen, although I know we weren't this bad pitching wise back then
I think JJ is on track to at least contribute - he pitched 1 good inning his first outing and really pitched 2 good ones last night - but his errors made it seem terrible.

If King can continue to grow and we can get Williamson either to be #4 or maybe our long reliever - then we might get hot at the right time.

LawFrog504

I think JJ is on track to at least contribute - he pitched 1 good inning his first outing and really pitched 2 good ones last night - but his errors made it seem terrible.

If King can continue to grow and we can get Williamson either to be #4 or maybe our long reliever - then we might get hot at the right time.
Yep 100% agreed. This is the scenario in which we make some noise in the tournament.

flyfishingfrog

And it is quite clear that this pitching staff is not the staff of TCU past and neither is the offense.
yep - without any research on my part, I feel like the Mendoza line for the ERA of playoff quality teams is 4.0

If we could get some control out of the starters - I think we can get below that but something needs to happen for it to occur.