1. The KillerFrogs

FW Star-Telegram Owner Declares Bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by lowfrog, Feb 13, 2020.

1. The irony of The Press being considered a Fort Worth paper is that it was owned by a national syndicate, Scripps-Howard, which poured pennies into the operation of the paper (the building it was housed in was not air conditioned, for instance)....However, it had excellent writers (Dan Jenkins being one of them)....It was a bit irreverent at times, playing up sensational angles of ordinary murder and robbery stories, in an attempt to compete with the Startlegram and Amon Carter's bottomless bank account....

2. Yep. But wholly unsurprising. Neither produced or distributed what consumers were willing to pay for and haven't done so for a quite some time.

COWTOWN FAN, Sweat Equity and Eight like this.
  3. I thought Pier 1 went under a long time ago.

netty2424, Froginbedford and Eight like this.
  4. Add The Boy Scouts to the list. Now there’s a hijacked organization.

COWTOWN FAN likes this.
  5. My old man raised me my whole life to never rely on a pension or social security.

Froginbedford likes this.
  6. The NYT. Dear God.

4 Oaks Frog likes this.
  7. look at Radio Shack and now Pier One. It’s hard to recognize that the things that were once making you rich are now making you poor.

COWTOWN FAN and Eight like this.
  8. Anyone else remember the Pudge Rodriguez or Juan Gonzalez Startlegram Ad where he was waiting for the paper to be delivered on his front porch and would hit the paper with his bat, and he told the paper boy “throw me another one!” ? Haha. Great ad.

YA and Salfrog like this.
  9. Hate to see the Star Telegram go under. That already is a bygone era. Can't cry over social media but I do for it forced us in a different direction, and ....pushed... us, as a society, (world wide) to be a society of daily crisis. When was the last time you used the word positive in a sentence? And, ....really meant it when you said it?

Leap Frog and Horned Toad like this.
  10. I’m positive society sucks.

11. [​IMG]

12. [​IMG]

Eight likes this.