• The KillerFrogs

FS Southwest: The well's not dry at TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FS Southwest: The well's not dry at TCU

416267.jpg

Hot enough for you yet?

In case you've been living in a well-conditioned cave for the past month, here's what you've been missing: record temperatures and a high pressure ridge so menacing that cool fronts haven't even dared to attempt breaking it. The Dallas/Fort Worth area experienced its 34th consecutive triple-digit day Thursday. What better time than now to strap on helmets and conduct the first practice of the 2011 season?

The Horned Frogs of TCU headed out at 4 p.m. Thursday and battled through a two-hour session while the temperature on the practice fields eclipsed 115 degrees. Head coach Gary Patterson mentioned at Wednesday's reporting day luncheon that the only year his team didn't get out and face the heat head-on was 2004, when rain engulfed much of the area that August. Perhaps not coincidentally, that was also the last season the Frogs missed out on a bowl game. ...

Dogfrog

Didn't this guy call for Pachall to replace Dalton two years ago? Why all the discussion of non AQ TCU compared to other successful non AQ's? Somebody tell Bryan TCU accepted an invite to the Big East almost nine months ago.

OmniscienceFrog

Didn't this guy call for Pachall to replace Dalton two years ago? Why all the discussion of non AQ TCU compared to other successful non AQ's? Somebody tell Bryan TCU accepted an invite to the Big East almost nine months ago.

I think the point of his story is that TCU is the only non-AQ school to make a BSC bowl and not fall off for a few years afterwards. And while TCU will be an AQ school next year, they are still a non-AQ this year.

Waccy Frog

Well, TCU isn't in an AQ conference now, and except for the true freshmen, nobody on this team was recruited to the Big East. So his point is a good one: TCU is in someways alone among the non-AQ's in being well-positioned to reload and sustain their level of success. Boise will lose Moore and I believe 10 starters off their defense - we'll see see how well they reload next year.

All that being said, we still have to prove it. 2007 was our last big transitional year, and we weren't very good.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
This Smith kid is writing markedly better than I thought his student efforts portended. I guess I was was pretty down on him for his on-air "Pachall should start over Dalton" nonsense.

Frog DJ

If not for the Dalton/Pachall ordeal he probably wouldn't have this job, now.

Things don't always work out the way we want, but they usually work out the way they should.

Go Frogs! Do It Now!

Stiff Arm Frog

Dogfrog, you're incredible. Aside from the fact that this guy never did anything worse than offer up his own opinion, the little incident to which you're referring happened about 4 years ago now. How long is it gonna be before you and others on this site let him live that down?

Just let it go already. Geez, imagine if all of us had to walk around with the stuff we did in college hanging over our heads for the rest of our lives.

Dogfrog

Dogfrog, you're incredible. Aside from the fact that this guy never did anything worse than offer up his own opinion, the little incident to which you're referring happened about 4 years ago now. How long is it gonna be before you and others on this site let him live that down?

Just let it go already. Geez, imagine if all of us had to walk around with the stuff we did in college hanging over our heads for the rest of our lives.

Four years ago? Casey Pachall had just finished his junior year of high school.

RUNDMC

People that are in tune with college football know how dominant our defense has been under CGP. Now they see the weapons that go along with it. We are getting better kids year after year, that as well as excellent player development equals more success. Your t-shirt fans think we are just a cute story, and that does not really bother me.
Nice Pic Jugband!

JugbandFrog

People that are in tune with college football know how dominant our defense has been under CGP. Now they see the weapons that go along with it. We are getting better kids year after year, that as well as excellent player development equals more success. Your t-shirt fans think we are just a cute story, and that does not really bother me.
Nice Pic Jugband!
I am excited and nervous. I hope this team can grow up and be ready for the challenges of a football season.

I love this pic. I got TCU into the National Championship to play Oklahoma and Tank scooped up a fumble and took it to the house to seal the deal.

HoustonHornedFrog

Junior receiver Skye Dawson is a near-impossible cover. In addition to being one of the fastest players anywhere, Dawson has a flair for making spectacular catches. Quarterback Casey Pachall connected with Dawson on a pair of deep vertical routes that wowed everyone watching.

- Junior tailback Ed Wesley said he is "very, very close" to 100% Wednesday and showed no ill effects from the injuries which limited him toward the end of the 2010 season and kept him out of spring practices. Linebacker Tank Carder is also back after spending the spring on the sideline due to shoulder surgery. [/quote

Love to see this. I hope Dawson can fill some of the void from Kerley leaving and having Wesley and Carder back at full strength is going to be key.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
A typical forecast for a non-AQ school in the monopolized world of college football would call for a short period of ideal temperatures with a cool breeze, followed by a prolonged drought......

Boise State finished undefeated in 2006, but needed three years to get back to BCS glory.

Yeah, these two statements really don't contradict each other.....