• The KillerFrogs

From GMFP to MFGP?

OmniscienceFrog

I think they had been on the air for about a month when they did a remote at The Keg, or whatever The Keg became (those files have been corrupted). I think we bought them beers...

And I still miss the Habanero Ranch dressing!
I bought my Lollygag High Athletic Dept t-shirt at one of their remotes at that location (think it was a burger joint by that time, but don't recall the name). Do remember that Dick Bosman, who was the Rangers pitching coach at the time was there as one of their interview guests that night too.

Westsider

Agreed. When we were winning those things all kinda flew under the radar but now that we just aren't very good they've all become an absolute beating. I can't stand listening to the guy speak.

Yeah, there’s just no....enthusiasm anymore. Everything is calculated. There’s no thoughtful answers to questions. And I’m not talking about a 1-3 press conference. It’s all the time now.

asleep003

This is premature timing and immature behavior to be discussing this right now! Obviously if this were to continue to another probable losing season(no growth), then GP gets the same(more) opportunity that Herman got in Austin. ... which was major staff changes(Anderson/Burns/etc/etc).

mdono

I hate to think or talk about replacing Patterson but we are facing a third straight year of decline in this program. The talent on paper has improved, but to me the coaching/preparation/gameday is poor. Teams are all over us. Gary is a loyal guy which isn't a bad thing, but sometimes it is not a good thing.

Donati is going to have to show us what kind of AD he is. The loss of tickets and suite sales and sponsors will likely talk louder to him as I think he is mainly a money-raising glad-hander. His seat is going to get as warm as Patterson's.

One problem is Gary is under contract through 2024 and with a reported base salary of $6.4 million (approx) he is owed about $25 million unless a separation settlement is reached.

Maybe that is what Gary needs. After the last contract extension after the 2017 season this team began to slide and it continues. Performance is bad in all phases. This is the Big 12. We can't sit around and be complacent like we did in the SWC or we will get left behind again. Complacent seems to be what Gary has become. I don't detect the fire. And he is doing worse with three and four stars than he did with twos and threes.

Maybe Gary needs to find another place to reignite his fire and coach up players. He is not getting it done here and in the world of bigtime athletics, one thing matters most, results.

It's about time to tell Gary thank you for everything you have done and given and created. We will forever be grateful. But the time for change is very close.

mdono

Gary is not to blame for the state of affairs, it are those that bestowed on him a 7 year contract when he was not capable of going anywhere else. They made the bed we are all forced to sleep in;

Horny4TCU

If he doesn't Schultz JA, Cumbie, and Meach we are screwed...

And by Schultz, I mean tell them to find a job, because they won't have one in the spring. Even when GP knew there needed to be changes with Schultz he didn't fire him, but he did let him leave with his head held high.

Gary, find them homes and get fresh blood into the program... Please!

Latest posts