• The KillerFrogs

FrogsToday: Eddie Lampkin steps away from TCU basketball

This is what lost me. Why would Dixon send the text about the transfer portal dates if he and momma Lampkin didn't talk?

Is that text really from Dixon? If it is, then who did Dixon talk too? Is momma Lampkin lying about things?

What am I missing here?
The text message is from Jamie Dixon and I will guess that his, “Vanessa thank you taking the time to speak with us yesterday” refers to her speaking with an assistant coach, that coach representing “us” the coaching staff. Vanessa then denies speaking with Dixon specifically.

Maybe at some point of an emotional conversation between Vanessa and the assistant coach there was confusion as to what was being communicated regarding the transfer portal. Maybe with that confusion, Dixon took the opportunity in his text the following day to push them that way, to the portal, Dixon maybe deciding it is time to cut bait.

Last edited:

FrogBall09

Disagree. Our interior defense is much better with his presence IMO. Plus his enthusiasm and energy.

This is all so out of left field.

No way Bane, Kenrich, Miles, all the players CJD had at Pitt, would put up with someone doing what has been alleged. It would have surfaced long before now IMO.
We were better last night than when he plays

tetonfrog

We were better last night than when he plays
Our pick-and-roll D was much, much better. We switched every time and it threw KSU's PG off his game. He had Frogs in his face on the switch and couldn't do anything. Earlier this year, I read a scouting report on TCU in the Athletic. The way to attack TCU was through ball screens against EL because he couldn't stay with it for a long period of time (conditioning). We did not have that issue last night. Our energy on D was strong and consistent. It was the key to our win.

Really curious to see how we respond tonight on short rest. And UT is athletic and will attack the offensive glass. We will see how badly we miss EL tonight.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Did your browser get hijacked and send you to CNN?

Wow I haven't been to that site in years but it's a disaster, at least on mobile. I clicked sports and it had sections on the page for golf, football, and "US sports". There was no obvious way to get to college basketball so I searched for Dixon and then Lampkin with no relevant results.

Yikes
I read two newspapers, and a bunch of news sites in an effort to find the middle where the truth might reside…

Our pick-and-roll D was much, much better. We switched every time and it threw KSU's PG off his game. He had Frogs in his face on the switch and couldn't do anything. Earlier this year, I read a scouting report on TCU in the Athletic. The way to attack TCU was through ball screens against EL because he couldn't stay with it for a long period of time (conditioning). We did not have that issue last night. Our energy on D was strong and consistent. It was the key to our win.

Really curious to see how we respond tonight on short rest. And UT is athletic and will attack the offensive glass. We will see how badly we miss EL tonight.
Yeah I mean that's all fine until we play a team like Arizona that is bigger and pushes us around. That's when you need a real center.

MCFROG III

There are no degrees on my wall related in any way to psychiatry, but for whatever it’s worth, it just seems that both Eddie and his mother may have succumbed to a tremendous amount of depression that could no longer be managed. Both having lost loved ones in what may have been a tightly knit family unit in this string of what, three members over the past few years being ripped out of their lives was just become too much to shoulder.

We’ve all been more closely associated with Eddie’s story, as well as experiencing visually and emotionally the highs and lows of our shared love for TCU basketball and the Power of Purple throughout our lives. His dealing with the loss of his brother at OU, his aunt, and if I recall correctly, the murder/death another brother earlier before he arrived has been the underlying energy driving this mess. But I have to feel terribly sad for his mother and her dealing with the loss of two sons and a sister (or sister-in-law). If she’s a single parent, it just makes it worse for the both of them.

There is almost certainly a component of their hopes and dreams that had been discussed of how the boys were going to give their mother a comfortable life in her golden years via their visions of pro athletes’ income that their NIL has provided a taste from both TCU & OU. Now all that has seemingly evaporated. I can’t and don’t want to imagine the massive depression just losing my loved ones would cause in my life as an elderly man. Add to that the loss of their ‘golden ticket(s)’, trying to keep from going crazy is quite possibly their new normal.

May God have mercy on them.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
I'm sure she'll have a new book for sale soon.

It will be called "Bad Stuff 'bout the Mets Frogs".

BSATM-z15.png