• The KillerFrogs

Frogs v UTA

Pharm Frog

In B3, Frogs down 1-0 and surprise, surprise, surprise....two bunts by Mavs and they have runners on 2nd and 3rd with nobody out.

Now 2-0 with runners on 1st and 3rd with no outs.

Now 3-0 after a sac fly

Now 4-0 after a two out RBI single

Last edited:

flyfishingfrog

In B3, Frogs down 1-0 and surprise, surprise, surprise....two bunts by Mavs and they have runners on 2nd and 3rd with nobody out.

Now 2-0 with runners on 1st and 3rd with no outs.
sorry - ignore my thread - started it because it was trying to find something to do but actually watch this debacle...

Pharm Frog

I think it's safe to say that tonight is not the night JJ figured it out. Even some of the outs have been rather "loud" if Chuck is to be believed.

Pharm Frog

End of 3....4-0 Mavs. Two unearned runs but unearned because of pitcher's error so not quite as bad as the regular D extending the inning and pitch count. Just more typical inability to defend small ball.

TooColdU

raw

Pharm Frog

End of 4: 5-0 Mavs. Despite the score, I think JJ is giving us what we need....innings. Game would look a lot different if he hadn't made the error on the bunt and our offense would have scored a run or two.

Armadillo

I've been up since 12:30am. Don't think I'll be making the end of this game. Perhaps a good thing but still time for a comeback! Go Frogs!

Pharm Frog

Humphrey's tripled but back picked for out one. Didn't need that runner anyway.

And inevitably, Shepherd lines a single on the next pitch.

And now Oviedo singles.

And inexplicably Wolfe bunts and the runners advance. Apparently UTA can field bunts and make throws.

And Watson grounds out and the national championship offense manages three hits and a sacrifice bunt and fails to score. That's not an easy feat.

Pharm Frog

And like clockwork, UTA leads off with a double. Do stupid things in the offensive half and bad things usually come your way in the bottom half.

And after a walk we can expect a bunt with two on and nobody out. Heads up....

Nevermind, JJ throws the ball into CF on a pick off attempt.

FC ground out and it's 6-0 (another unearned)

Last edited:

OmniscienceFrog

Dumb. CJS never said anything like that. How many times were we "done" last year and came one lost-in-the-blazing-sun fly ball away from advancing? This team has deficiencies as all do but they aren't "done".
He jumped them for doing stupid stuff during a game a few weeks ago. He flat out said their pitching staff stinks last week. He's not gonna come out and say it, but I'm betting he has very little hope for this team actually accomplishing anything.

Pharm Frog

Back to back singles to lead off the Frog 6th.
WP advances the runners which is good to remove the double play.
6-2 Mavs after Rizer singles in both Guenther and Isola.
Henry up with Rizer at 1b and a new Mav pitcher.
And Henry hits into a 3-1 count 5-4-3 double play giving him sole possession of the team lead with 8. Team has GIDP 30x.

On another note...why didn't we start the runner knowing Henry's tendency to do exactly what he did?

And Humphrey flies out. Frogs don't strand anyone thanks to that double play.

Last edited: