• The KillerFrogs

Frogs v UTA

Spike

I made the trip to Arlington. Nice weather and I like their stadium. UTA did the little things right. 4-5 productive outs w/ men on base whereas we stranded 11. JJ was decent on mound but killed himself w the 2 errors. Those 2 errors and the picked of runner at 3rd were the difference in the game. Green was awesome and the pitcher that threw in the 8th was effective enough. The team got a run in the 8th and loaded the bases in the 9th.

FWIW this is one of UTAs better teams. They are 11- 4 in conference and have a couple of decent mid week wins.

For all of the brain farts this team has a lot of heart, giving itself a chance to come back in the 9th. I doubt CJS has quit on this team as they are not quitters.

Sand Frog

Still baffling to me they can't seem to make the routine out on a bunt. If I was coaching any of the other teams on the schedule, I'd have them bunt at least 5+ times a game. That's 2-3 guaranteed runs at this point. SHEESH!

flyfishingfrog

Still baffling to me they can't seem to make the routine out on a bunt. If I was coaching any of the other teams on the schedule, I'd have them bunt at least 5+ times a game. That's 2-3 guaranteed runs at this point. SHEESH!
based on the OU series, the Seton Hall series and our last two games against UTA - I would say word has gotten around that we have a major problem with defending the bunt.

Literally every one of those teams bunted in abnormal situations to get runners on base - not just to move people around - and it worked about 90% of the time.

Sand Frog

Historically Schloss' teams seem to get hot at just the right time. Not ready to give up just yet.

I don't think anyone is giving up, and I've seen that too many times to not hold out hope. My problem is I've never seen a Schloss team make the kinds of errors these guys are making. As he said at a luncheon, they just don't play clean baseball. Make the routine play. Throw strikes. Don't give up free bases. Do that, and 9 times out of 10 you win the game. That is what has been so frustrating about this team to me as a fan and seems like to him as a coach.

flyfishingfrog

I don't think anyone is giving up, and I've seen that too many times to not hold out hope. My problem is I've never seen a Schloss team make the kinds of errors these guys are making. As he said at a luncheon, they just don't play clean baseball. Make the routine play. Throw strikes. Don't give up free bases. Do that, and 9 times out of 10 you win the game. That is what has been so frustrating about this team to me as a fan and seems like to him as a coach.
I would hate to see what the +/- free bases board looks like this year.

We have walked a ton - our SO to BB ratio was pretty good last time I checked.

But every other aspect of that board has to be scary looking - even the number of steals - feels like the guys have been caught more this year than normal - I think they were 55 for 67 or something like that before Tuesday.

but the wild pitches, infield throwing errors, etc. have to be adding up in the wrong direction