• The KillerFrogs

Frogs in the NFL: Pre-Season Week #1 Games

yurintroubl

This is kinda odd... The SD Chargers list Kelly Griffin amongst their UDFA signings in an official press release - but don't have him listed on their roster (nor show him as signed/cut in their Transactions). Hmmm....

ftwfrog

Master of Obvious: Hawthorne starting LB for Seattle, ESPN now. He'll probably be out by the time you read this.

GeoFrog

Tonight it looks like we also have:
Drew Coleman with the Jags. #30
Darryl Washington with the Cards #58
Jason Phillips with the Ravens #58
Herb Taylor with the Broncos #72
Clint Gresham with the Seahawks #49

On ESPN.com you can look up NFL players by college.

GeoFrog

I was wondering if I could setup a fake Fantasy Team with just TCU players, then I would have them all on StatTracker. I don't know if it would give many stats on non-scoring players, though.

jake102

That's a pretty decent idea Geo... Just do a full team fantasy team. That will include defense. The only position that will have no stats is OL

yurintroubl

Celebrating a sweet 1stQ ST takedown...

d1a73e_081111patsms13.jpg

:cool:

GeoFrog

So tonight these TCU alums are in action:

Aaron Brown - RB, Detroit Lions #21, 6:30 PM CDT
Andy Dalton - QB, Cincinnati Bengals #14, 6:30 PM CDT
Bart Johnson - WR, Cincinnati Bengals #13, 6:30 PM CDT
Collin Jones - Safety, San Francisco #43, 7:00 PM CDT
Rafael Priest - Safety, Atlanta Falcons #38 6:30 PM CDT

Last night I was subjected to the NFL Network's fl-by coverage to catch some of the games. For tonight, it looks like they are replaying the games from last night as well as Arena League. I guess I will have to wait for the replays on Saturday.

ShreveFrog

Hate to say it, but Colin Jones whiffed on a punt return the Saints took to the house. But CJ was always first down the field on punts from the fullback slot.

Young and Horned

Marshall is running with the second team and is having a great camp. Saw a few plays today that made him look a little nervous, but all said, he looked good.

Boxscore for Bears says Jimmy wasn't even targeted. Anyone see that game? Or the Colts?

bscttyb

Jerry Hughes apparently played awful.

Here is an article:

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/8/13/2362030/2011-nfl-preseason-rams-33-colts-10

Yeah, preseason is rough if you're a Colts fan, especially in recent years. The Colts clearly do not care about early preseason games, and it shows. We'll do a full recap tomorrow morning. For now, the 'good' and the 'bad.' We offer no 'ugly' because the whole games was ugly.

Good: Drake Nevis, Donald Brown, Anthony Castonzo, and Taj Smith.

Bad: Curtis Painter, Dan Orlovsky, Mike Pollak, and Jerry Hughes.

Hughes was the worst of them all tonight. He played most of the game, and it didn't matter if he was going up against Rodger Saffold or Joe Blow, he was getting dominated. He finished the night with one tackle. One. Hardly ever saw him pressure the QB. Just an awful night. Hughes really looks like a major bust.