• The KillerFrogs

Frogs better off this time of year than 2018

asleep003

So, struggling with a HS Fr at QB shouldn't count, for some blame ?

Injuries at the most critical position on any team, has an 18 year old that is growing and not seasoned at the most crucial spot on the team.

Also, what is misunderstood in the OP, at this point in this season, this is what we have to work towards, a bowl game, period !

Those that want to give up and complain and whine all the time .... have all off season to go ballistic on the the team/coaching/program and etc.

Waited 8 months for this season and going to totally support this program/kids, now, while everyone is doing their best to improve what we are working with.

2020 is time to Lynch / cut/ fire/ kiss /boil / pat on the back/ and make all the corrections that need to be done. Just chill and enjoy the kids ... win or lose.

crash813

I'm not sure anyone is ready to lynch GP but I'll play along anyways to your question. Guess who is responsible for playing a True FR at QB or LB or CB? Its not like we've had 3 starters go down....its because the cupboard was empty. Recruiting failures, development failures.....those all fall to GP. You can't give coach all the credit when he wins and conviently ignore he's failures.

You can hope and pray for a 6-6 season to hang your hat on but you are blind to not see this program has red flags. 6-6 is the floor and not the ceiling for TCU football. To many on killerfrogs seem ok with trending down towards average and staying there into perpetuity.

Limey Frog

So, struggling with a HS Fr at QB shouldn't count?

Injuries at the most critical position on any team, has an 18 year old that is growing and not seasoned at the most crucial spot on the team.

Also, what is misunderstood in the OP, at this point in this season, this is what we have to work towards, a bowl game, period !

Those that want to give up and complain and whine all the time .... have all off season to go ballistic on the the team/coaching/program and etc.

Waited 8 months for this season and going to totally support this program/kids, now, while everyone is doing their best to improve what we are working with.

2020 is time to Lynch / cut/ fire/ kiss /boil / pat on the back/ and make all the corrections that need to be done. Just chill and enjoy the kids ... win or lose.

Maybe this is just a matter of choosing to view the glass as half full or half empty, and I certainly hope that your optimism is merited, that you are right and I wrong. But in all four of our losses to date we have had plentiful opportunities to win, and have wasted those opportunities by errors at all positions in all three phases of the game. There is no one thing (e.g. QB play) that is more obviously to blame, and therefore I don't think it easy to identify an area of youth and/or particular injury concern as an/the achilles' heel of this team. Rather the problem seems, on the basis of 'eye test', to be lack of readiness and execution across the board. That's not encouraging and typically points to coaching deficiencies.

It isn't easy to win with freshman QBs, but it is possible. Your QB needs to be talented (check for TCU on that score), your skill players need to execute consistently (nope), your game plans need to be excellent (nope), and your defense needs to be first rate (nope). We have the talent to do these things, but they aren't being done.

Last edited:

westoverhillbilly

Without Gary, there is no P5 football at TCU.. Unbelievably, Texas has had even more recruiting misses than TCU at quarterback, which puts a program in a funk that is difficult to crawl out from.. Unfortunately, the last two years are quarterback funk years for TCU- '18 with SR and '19 with throwing Max Duggan to the fire.. I really do think we'll be alot better in '20 with Max, Foster, Barlow and an OL and receivers that won't be any worse.. If we're bad again in '20, it's time for Gary to make heads roll..

Mean Purple

You can hope and pray for a 6-6 season to hang your hat on but you are blind to not see this program has red flags. 6-6 is the floor and not the ceiling for TCU football. To many on killerfrogs seem ok with trending down towards average and staying there into perpetuity.
They're always afraid it could go back to like it was pre-fran and go years.

Well, it has.

Mean Purple

Without Gary, there is no P5 football at TCU.. Unbelievably, Texas has had even more recruiting misses than TCU at quarterback, which puts a program in a funk that is difficult to crawl out from.. Unfortunately, the last two years are quarterback funk years for TCU- '18 with SR and '19 with throwing Max Duggan to the fire.. I really do think we'll be alot better in '20 with Max, Foster, Barlow and an OL and receivers that won't be any worse.. If we're bad again in '20, it's time for Gary to make heads roll..
No way of knowing this.

Mean Purple

Maybe this is just a matter of choosing to view the glass as half full or half empty, and I certainly hope that your optimism is merited, that you are right and I wrong. But in all four of our losses to date we have had plentiful opportunities to win, and have wasted those opportunities by errors at all positions in all three phases of the game. There is no one thing (e.g. QB play) that is more obviously to blame, and therefore I don't think it easy to identify an area of youth and/or particular injury concern as an/the achilles' heel of this team. Rather the problem seems, on the basis of 'eye test', to be lack of readiness and execution across the board. That's not encouraging and typically points to coaching deficiencies.

It isn't easy to win with freshman QBs, but it is possible. Your QB needs to be talented (check for TCU on that score), your skill players need to execute consistently (nope), your game plans need to be excellent (nope), and your defense needs to be first rate (nope). We have the talent to do these things, but they aren't being done.
But ... but ... we are young.

Seems we are the only team to be young 4 years in a row.

Mean Purple

The "next year" approach.

asleep003

Also, 6 of past 10 yrs, Frogs are the top ranked Texas team(the best of 11 D1 teams). That has been done with mostly all 3* recruits. We have a phenomenal HC... if not but a poor staff. Half the staff could go; w/ tough love time! Two top 5 finishes too ?

Last edited:

asleep003

You can hope and pray for a 6-6 season to hang your hat on but you are blind to not see this program has red flags. 6-6 is the floor and not the ceiling for TCU football. .

No one started the season looking for 6-6 ... this thread is about what we can accomplish, at this point, in this season. We should back these kids the rest of the season... and the whiners have the rest of the 2020 year to cry and moan.

Last edited: