• The KillerFrogs

FrogBash.com - Roll Call & Questions

BIG DADDY

We are approaching 350... great turnout for the first 72 hours! Tuesday we have a big announcement related to a guest star emcee. Gotta have our version of Dick Clark for the walkup and countdown! Without giving anything away, "she or he" will knock your socks off... for a NYE event prior to the biggest event in college sports, we called in the Hollywood alum cavalry. A great addition, icing on the cake - and she or he bleeds purple.
Well let's see who we think it is? start guessing frog fans.

My guess it is Dennis Burkley the actor. He is a TCU alum and has been in all kinds of movies and lives in Van Nuys Ca

Ashco

Big Daddy, I will neither confirm nor deny. However I will share this person graduated between 1873 and 2010 ...and their recent circle of influence includes:

Michael Caine; Harry, Hermione, Ron; Tom Arnold; Richard Gere; John Travolta; Ben Affleck; Will Smith; Casey Affleck; ...even Monty Python and the Holy Grail - clack those coconuts all!

If you know of anyone who says they are "definitely buying tickets" but just have not gotten around to it - I am talking about people you plan on having by your side at NYE... tell them to go ahead and get their tickets. We will sell out. To sell out, we only have to sell 23 a day. Today, we sold 38. Monday evening or Tuesday, we announce the guest emcee.

Tonight was a wonderful "scouting night" with the lighting crew. They proposed 30,000 watts of purple lights. Absolutely ridiculous, therefore perfect.

When we walked into the Hard Rock - crowded with people eating, over the PA a bartender said "It is a good time to be a Frog." Everyone laughed and then he said he saw "our President" say it on a press conference and made it his facebook status. He is an OU fan, but now Frog fan for the "grand daddy."

This is what part of the venue looks like before our night of purple reign... this was the location of the Dark Knight premier party.

Future: All tables and chairs out; purple lights in!

IMG_8726.JPG

Amanda, the "gaffer" assigned to FrogBash overlooking CityWalk...

IMG_8718.JPG

Second level leads to outdoor balconies.

IMG_8723.JPG

GeoFrog

If there is a fellow, trustworthy Frog staying at the W-Westwood who wants to offer-up some babysitting for a 5 and 6 year old, then Mrs. Geo and I will be there.

Don't worry, they're not as mean as they look in this picture.

gallery_496_56_34208.jpg

Is the Hard Rock where the FrogBash is being held adjacent o or near LA Live? I'm staying at the Renaissance Hilton through Anthony Travel, but i think that their NYE party is going to held at a hotel in the LA Live complex. Can anyone verify this?

Ashco

Native Frog - good call. I will see what we can do.

Frog 9497 - i was going to wait, but the Emcee is Earl from Mesquite. We wanted to take care of him. No not really... announcement manana.

Innerloop - haha - we have a nice spread planned. you will be so stuffed you wont want to eat on day 1/1/11.

HornedFrog PO - I cannot speak to AT's plans but I believe that dinner is a "Texas New Years" not a midnight countdown - as in they will do a 10 PM countdown for FW. Alumni office can clarify for you the details. For anyone at the Renaissance, there is an LA metro train right by the Renaissance to get to FrogBash - $1.50 Renaissance Hotel Hollywood to "CityWalk" - http://www.metro.net 12 minute ride, no need for parking. you and yours will be set.

Ashco

Getting many emails - yes, you can attend both the Renaissance NYE dinner and the FrogBash, but FrogBash is an independent event (in -no- way part of AT). It was created to be a solution for those who dont have a package - "The No Package, Package!" ...AT's NYE package event ends at 10. FrogBash is a NYE midnight countdown that goes from 9:00 PM - 1:00 AM as per our site. If you are trying to do both events, grab the metro by the Renaissance hotel for $1.50 and it will bring you to Universal CityWalk - do a search at http://www.metro.net for options and the concierge will have instructions too. Clean subway plus you will be with many other Frogs using it to get around. Go Frogs!

Ashco

550 tickets gone, less than 200 left! If anyone in your travel party has not yet grabbed their tickets, they need to do so as no tickets will be sold at the door. We are selling at a rate of 100 / day. So they should be gone tomorrow evening / Saturday. http://www.frogbash.com/purchase