• The KillerFrogs

Frog Luncheon

YA

the more i think about it, if he wasn't asked a question by anyone that triggered response #14 that sure reads like a big fu and reads as if this is my program and i will do what i believe is right and don't question me
Is was during the question and answer period from people in attendance. I couldn’t hear what the question was as it was on the other end of the club level. It would be helpful if the 100 athletic personal in attendance would have a microphone for this part of the luncheon.

MTfrog5

17. He changed some signals because of the coaches on smu that used to coach at TCU. Said that they will completely revamp the signals for everything going forward, but most will happen in the off-season. I have to say I almost rose out of my seat to say [ What the heck? ] coach. How is this still an issue???!!!!
How many times has he said he’s going to change them? At this point I think he just says he’s going to change them publicly so other teams think he actually changed them while they are still the same signals. [ What the heck? ]

tcudoc

17. He changed some signals because of the coaches on smu that used to coach at TCU. Said that they will completely revamp the signals for everything going forward, but most will happen in the off-season. I have to say I almost rose out of my seat to say [ What the heck? ] coach. How is this still an issue???!!!!
Fireable offense, if true. If he really said that (and it is true), holy cow!

vicarfrog

What I actually heard Gary say:
"I know this is hard for you, but winter...is coming. We know what's coming with it, and we can't face it alone." - GoT

So basically, I'm available on Saturday to run the errands my wife has been laying up for me.

Froggy Style

Hate to say it, but if Gary just now thinks it's time to revamp signals because people are on to his crap...then he's stupid and needs to be fired because he's told us people are stealing his stuff for years. If he's willing to wait until next year to change then he needs to be fired for conceding people will steal his stuff while we lose games because having an intern come up with a new playcalling mechanism means someone else playing hero other than him. Dude is the prototypical controlling manager...refuses to delegate and always angry at everyone else...which never ends well for the organization. Summarized, Gary makes stuff up to cover up that his defense is outdated and his purpose for being the head coach/DC is over.

Perhaps the time spent inventing new songs and practicing guitar...or performing with his band could have been spent inventing new signals or schemes since he refuses to delegate. He's too rich to do this...hence moving on to music.

Dude has already quit inventing new football stuff, and is just wondering if people will keep paying him 6 million/year by saying, I'm not going to make changes until later. Didn't he tell us last year he would re-evaluate in the offseason (no changes). My retiring boss used to say the same stuff...and kept getting his fat executive paycheck and bonuses without making significant changes until he was pushed out.

Saying it's the upperclassmen's responsibility to fire up the younger guys is just more BS excuses. This guy just lost to SMU twice, where is the head coach accepting responsibility on any of these excuses? Involved in the offense now? Uh, you aren't able to solve defense problems, stay away from the offense and fire everyone around it. I'd rather Max call the plays.

I’ve always thought this stuff he says about signals and such is just to intentionally divert us into talking about stuff he could probably demonstrably prove if he had to (changing signals) instead of talking about things he hasn’t done like making hard decisions to address deficiencies with the staff.

Boomhauer

1. We should be getting players back from injury. He is not sure how ready they will be for live action.
2. Texas is physical and the DL will be the best we will face this season.
3. Texas has this game circled.
4. Concerned about team getting ready to play at first snap versus taking an hour to get mentality in the game.
5. Says team is young and we have 50 players that are freshman or sophomores.
6. The older players need to step up and help the young players learn to play with passion.
7. Only 5 safeties out of 11 ready to play this week.
8. On smu they just whipped us. Simple as that. Got to win the game to stop talk. Right now perception can become reality if we don’t start playing better against smu.
9. Probably over prepared the team that they didn’t play well. His fault
10. Said Max is over thinking the deep balls and needs to play the game and it will happen.
11. Coach Kill is fine.
12. Wants people to arrive early and bring the hate for Texas.
13. Doesn’t like spending times on luncheons or coffee with coach P as it takes time from prep. Always prepping.
14. Got lots of DM’s and texts from letterman no less demanding to know who he is going to fire. He isn’t firing anyone, especially during the season. Weird vibe around this one.
15. Meal was beef and chicken fajitas.
16. The tone and vibe I got is we got nothing to lose this weekend so play the game.

Good Lord what a clown show

4th. down

100% dead scheissing on. We’re gonna get jackhammered on Saturday.

I've been around these Frogs a very long time and I see the stage being set with the new and revived Texas and still having that 50-7 shellacking we gave them in their forefront. The 1st. quarter will tell us and if the game gets away from us then, we finish about 58-28 with us scoring a TD in the 4th. The result of all this is we can lose some significant players at the end of the season if we don't at least make a toilet bowl game.

Eight

I've been around these Frogs a very long time and I see the stage being set with the new and revived Texas and still having that 50-7 shellacking we gave them in their forefront. The 1st. quarter will tell us and if the game gets away from us then, we finish about 58-28 with us scoring a TD in the 4th. The result of all this is we can lose some significant players at the end of the season if we don't at least make a toilet bowl game.

a quarter? heck it took all of danny gray racing through the frog defense with no defenders on the tv screen to know things weren't headed in the right direction