• The KillerFrogs

Frog Fans best be careful what they wish for...

Chongo94

In the OU game, where they both played against the same defense, Collins, until his injury, was CLEARLY better.

Last edited:

archifrog

Per Gary Patterson” to whom much is given, much is expected”

I consider us fortunate to have GP and wouldn’t. Trade him for anyone but let me ask you something. Who is responsible for the talent on the field? If it’s all about the talent, then who recruits them?

The buck has to stop somewhere and since he runs the football program, then.. you get the idea.

So it’s back to you. Who gets the blame?

The head of the program or maybe as you call them , the “knee jerks” ? Put some thought into your answer and come back without telling me or others to “stick it”

Obviously CGP is responsible for the recruiting and the talent on the field...no question there.

His "body of work" and success at TCU in recruiting & developing players AND coaching is arguably unmatched the past 20 years. Thus the odds are favorable of TCU maintaining success with him as head coach in the coming years. IMO, his success has also earned him the right to surround himself with whomever he deems appropriate. Consistent tenure in a coaching staff breeds success.

Despite there being plenty of blame to go around, CGP has taken responsibility and I trust that despite the difficulties that face him, his staff and the team that he will right the ship...if TCU decides to keep him around...

asleep003

Fair analysis. I just don't understand, though, how the team lost to Kansas but you (or others) say shawn lost his games. Doesn't seem objective

Please quote me anywhere I mentioned anything about Shawn losing his games. I only recall you saying Collins lost the KU game. I mentioned that I'm fine with Shawn, but I wish he could clean up his security phase of the game. I'm sure Collins will face some tougher competition, but he showed great composure(351 yards passing and 40 yards rushing) for his 1st start.

They are both talented.

Mean Purple

In the OU game, where they both played against the same defense, Collins, until his injury, was CLEARLY better.
Question: Was that injury a blister from sliding on that material or a cut from the edge or tape on that material? (Not that it matters, it looked horribly painful either way). I have been wondering that for a week now. Was impressed that he could throw the ball. But I have heard blister and I have heard cut. Left a heck of a mark.

Chongo94

Question: Was that injury a blister from sliding on that material or a cut from the edge or tape on that material? (Not that it matters, it looked horribly painful either way). I have been wondering that for a week now. Was impressed that he could throw the ball. But I have heard blister and I have heard cut. Left a heck of a mark.

It was a cut or slice. Tarp was pinned down so I guess it didn’t give way while his skin did. They used NuSkin or whatever it is during the game to try to glue his skin back down on the cut.

Mean Purple

It was a cut or slice. Tarp was pinned down so I guess it didn’t give way while his skin did. They used NuSkin or whatever it is during the game to try to glue his skin back down on the cut.
Ouch. I once had skin worn off my hand when a rope ripped through it after a horse, whose halter the rope was clipped to, got spooked. I just bandaged it, grabbed a beer and 3 advil and said "darn me" and quit for the day.

Horny4TCU

Obviously CGP is responsible for the recruiting and the talent on the field...no question there.

His "body of work" and success at TCU in recruiting & developing players AND coaching is arguably unmatched the past 20 years. Thus the odds are favorable of TCU maintaining success with him as head coach in the coming years. IMO, his success has also earned him the right to surround himself with whomever he deems appropriate. Consistent tenure in a coaching staff breeds success.

Despite there being plenty of blame to go around, CGP has taken responsibility and I trust that despite the difficulties that face him, his staff and the team that he will right the ship...if TCU decides to keep him around...

I agree with 95% of this. TCU would be dumb to not keep him around. And it would be dumb for GP to keep are least 1 coach around, Anderson. He has moved him around, so much and in each new area he goes to, that group fails. He is the only clear waste of money in my mind.

Everyone calling for Cumbie, aren't taking into account that Robinson and the OL are hog tying him. You can't get creative when the QB can't pick up a blitz or complete a pass to someone in the same jersey. And the OL is hell this year. They look better with a smarter QB behind them, but they are all being held together with duct tape at this point. The only thing I will dog Cumbie for, is his play calling. Some his decisions are just cutesy, and he thinks he is trying to outsmart someone, who is yet to be determined. GP, should at least help him with some friendly advice in that category, if he isn't already.

asleep003

It's a rebuilding year … we went with most talent 1st at QB, but looks like we may have found good talent with more composure. We'll be good in 2019. we need to get the most playing experience now, for the 2019 roster.

bcsbuster

Who
Those calling for coaching changes, knee jerk reactions, "We should hire Matt Campbell...whiners..." Have you lost your mind!?! No frickin clue about coaching talent.

Yes, frogs are having a down year but TCU Football is Damn Lucky to have Patterson and Co. TCU would still be in the Mountain West or American Conference without a GP....Who played for a Big 12 Championship last year?

Coaches get too much of the credit for winning and too much of the blame for losing....

It's about the talent on the field!

Who is responsible for talent on the field. Coaches ? I hope not Steele .

FrogLifeYo

I agree with 95% of this. TCU would be dumb to not keep him around. And it would be dumb for GP to keep are least 1 coach around, Anderson. He has moved him around, so much and in each new area he goes to, that group fails. He is the only clear waste of money in my mind.

Everyone calling for Cumbie, aren't taking into account that Robinson and the OL are hog tying him. You can't get creative when the QB can't pick up a blitz or complete a pass to someone in the same jersey. And the OL is hell this year. They look better with a smarter QB behind them, but they are all being held together with duct tape at this point. The only thing I will dog Cumbie for, is his play calling. Some his decisions are just cutesy, and he thinks he is trying to outsmart someone, who is yet to be determined. GP, should at least help him with some friendly advice in that category, if he isn't already.

As for Cumbie...wouldn’t you agree that a OC has to figure how to get it done when he has depth and when he doesn’t?:..Good and Bad seasons are going to happen but you can’t suspend accountability in the bad times..can you temper expectations...Sure... but things like being prepared well and play calling shouldnt be a challenge with the talent isn’t there..