• The KillerFrogs

Frog Fans best be careful what they wish for...

Horny4TCU

Are you considering the defenses that each has faced? How do you account for that?
Are you accounting for the weather and alignment of the stars?

Stats don't lie, and his on field performance is passing the eye test. Will it continue to, who knows, but I would have loved to seen Collins put in during the 3rd quarter of the UT game, or maybe after the first interception of the Tech game.

Right now, we are watching a quarterback that can actually pick up on what defenses are doing and choose to keep the ball on a read option, complete middle of the field passes, and actually stay composed when he is getting blitzed. Things Robinson wasn't doing, or capable of doing so far. Not saying he will never be there, but the way he was trending wasn't pretty. Maybe, aOSU got in his head and he wasn't able to regroup after it. But watching him laugh after interceptions with KH, wasn't showing the leadership the team needed.

froginmn

Are you accounting for the weather and alignment of the stars?

Stats don't lie, and his on field performance is passing the eye test. Will it continue to, who knows, but I would have loved to seen Collins put in during the 3rd quarter of the UT game, or maybe after the first interception of the Tech game.

Right now, we are watching a quarterback that can actually pick up on what defenses are doing and choose to keep the ball on a read option, complete middle of the field passes, and actually stay composed when he is getting blitzed. Things Robinson wasn't doing, or capable of doing so far. Not saying he will never be there, but the way he was trending wasn't pretty. Maybe, aOSU got in his head and he wasn't able to regroup after it. But watching him laugh after interceptions with KH, wasn't showing the leadership the team needed.
So he passed your eye test. And you think the difference between tOSU and Kansas defense is the same as the alignment of the stars. Got it.

Horny4TCU

So he passed your eye test. And you think the difference between tOSU and Kansas defense is the same as the alignment of the stars. Got it.
tOSU sure liked Robinson, he gave them the game with 2 INTs and a Fumble...

So let's look at similar teams. Texas Tech is ranked 97 in total defense, allowing 424 yards. KU is ranked 96 in total defense, allowing 422.9 yards.

KU is ranked 6 in passes intercepted. Tech is 55 in passes intercepted.

Shawn, against Tech was 26/45 with 290 YDS, 2 TDs and 2 INTs, and 42 YDS rushing.

Collins, against KU was 23/33 with 351 YDS, 1 TD through the air and 2 TDs on the ground and 1 INT, and 33 YDS rushing.

EDIT: I think I'll stick with Collins.

froginmn

So let's look at similar teams. Texas Tech is ranked 97 in total defense, allowing 424 yards. KU is ranked 96 in total defense, allowing 422.9 yards.

Shawn, against Tech was 26/45 with 290 YDS, 2 TDs and 2 INTs, and 42 YDS rushing.

Collins, against KU was 23/33 with 351 YDS, 1 TD through the air and 2 TDs on the ground and 1 INT, and 33 YDS rushing.

EDIT: I think I'll stick with Collins.
Fair enough.

I'll wait for more data.

You sure seem like someone whose favorite player is the backup QB.

MagicFrog

Those calling for coaching changes, knee jerk reactions, "We should hire Matt Campbell...whiners..." Have you lost your mind!?! No frickin clue about coaching talent.

Yes, frogs are having a down year but TCU Football is Damn Lucky to have Patterson and Co. TCU would still be in the Mountain West or American Conference without a GP....Who played for a Big 12 Championship last year?

Coaches get too much of the credit for winning and too much of the blame for losing....

It's about the talent on the field!

Stick it knee jerks!

Anyone even suggesting we fire CGP is insane. Do you people remember where we were not long before he took over here? Firing him is absolutely the DUMBEST thing we could do.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Those calling for coaching changes, knee jerk reactions, "We should hire Matt Campbell...whiners..." Have you lost your mind!?! No frickin clue about coaching talent.

Yes, frogs are having a down year but TCU Football is Damn Lucky to have Patterson and Co. TCU would still be in the Mountain West or American Conference without a GP....Who played for a Big 12 Championship last year?

Coaches get too much of the credit for winning and too much of the blame for losing....

It's about the talent on the field!

Stick it knee jerks!
Per Gary Patterson” to whom much is given, much is expected”

I consider us fortunate to have GP and wouldn’t. Trade him for anyone but let me ask you something. Who is responsible for the talent on the field? If it’s all about the talent, then who recruits them?

The buck has to stop somewhere and since he runs the football program, then.. you get the idea.

So it’s back to you. Who gets the blame?

The head of the program or maybe as you call them , the “knee jerks” ? Put some thought into your answer and come back without telling me or others to “stick it”

asleep003

What's funny about it? He lost to Kansas instead of losing to OSU?

Actually I am fine with Shawn, except for his ball security. And he's had to run for his life in a couple of games. So you have to give him that.

But Collins looks very comfortable in the pocket and doesn't get the happy feet too early. His arm is better than Shawn's and his feet almost as good as Shawn's, though his ypc is slightly better than Shawns. His TD to INT ratio is better. His QB rating is higher than Shawn's. And with 1 start, he could get much better. But so could Shawn.

He didn't lose to KU, the team did. He thru for 350 yards, with a 70% completion ave.

froginmn

Actually I am fine with Shawn, except for his ball security. And he's had to run for his life in a couple of games. So you have to give him that.

But Collins looks very comfortable in the pocket and doesn't get the happy feet too early. His arm is better than Shawn's and his feet almost as good as Shawn's, though his ypc is slightly better than Shawns. His TD to INT ratio is better. His QB rating is higher than Shawn's. And with 1 start, he could get much better. But so could Shawn.

He didn't lose to KU, the team did. He thru for 350 yards, with a 70% completion ave.
Fair analysis. I just don't understand, though, how the team lost to Kansas but you (or others) say shawn lost his games.

Doesn't seem objective

Horny4TCU

Fair analysis. I just don't understand, though, how the team lost to Kansas but you (or others) say shawn lost his games.

Doesn't seem objective
Because he threw the ball to other team.

Edit: He/the team were beating aOSU, until he literally gave them the game with 2 INTs and a Fumble.

Horny4TCU

Are you talking about Collins now?

I agree that Collins did that too.

netty2424

Per Gary Patterson” to whom much is given, much is expected”

I consider us fortunate to have GP and wouldn’t. Trade him for anyone but let me ask you something. Who is responsible for the talent on the field? If it’s all about the talent, then who recruits them?

The buck has to stop somewhere and since he runs the football program, then.. you get the idea.

So it’s back to you. Who gets the blame?

The head of the program or maybe as you call them , the “knee jerks” ? Put some thought into your answer and come back without telling me or others to “stick it”
So what is the end game here? Finding blame? Then what?

Everyone points the finger at GP, he says fine it’s my fault and then everyone goes home? Or he tells everyone to piss off and we all go home?

Serious question. What’s next?

When a guy has 20 years invested and builds a program, unless he does something outside the lines and forces TCU’s hands, then really all it is is an acknowledgment that things need to improve. Which he already knows.

froginmn

So did Collins "give Kansas the game" by throwing the ball directly to a KU defender?

And is tOSU the equal of Kansas?

Yes, they had similar stats in one game against somewhat statistically similar defenses. Based on that, you think Collins is clearly better?