• The KillerFrogs

Fran Fraschilla tweet about missed NIL payments

Relic

I don't think a lot of these NIL "sponsors" care that much about the money. It's like going to Vegas, you place your bet, watch the wheel spin, and win...or lose, it doesn't really matter. It's the playing of the game they enjoy. You spend $50-100,000 to bring in a player, and then watch for an entire season to see if it pays off. If it does, you can brag to your rich friends that you "bought" that star player...on the other hand, maybe I over-estimate how cavalierly the rich regard their money.

WhatTheFrog

In the past it was limited to a handful of players - stars and the cant miss prospects. Now the entire roster seems to be under NIL control and influence. Guys on rosters who are there to add depth are a part of these NIL collectives which inflates their own sense of worth and value.

If TCU players got paid when I was there, they sure did a [ Finebaum ] job at spending their money. I was roommates with multiple eventual NFL players who were always asking me for money because they were broke and hungry.
Moral of the story...never room with linemen.