• The KillerFrogs

Fort Worth NCAA Regional Thread

Punter1

Honestly think who we start has less relevance to the results than if the adjustments made in the second KSU game Saturday and continued Sunday to be patient at the plate and take pitches to the appropriate part of the field stick

assuming we don’t throw someone who gives up 4+ in the 1st against a really average lineup - feel like it will be our offense that determines if we win or not, not our pitching

Totally agree with the offense is gonna dictate if we win Friday...which is a major reason I wouldn't start Krob.

We're either gonna score 10 or 2 so it doesn't matter if Krob is pitching. He and the staff is prob gonna give up 4+...

jake102

I'm pretty conflicted on who I would start. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't start Smith, but I don't know about Krob. If you don't start Smith or Krob, you need to make sure you start someone who gives you the best chance of getting through the 1st inning unscathed. That wouldn't be King. So at that point I'm not sure if I'd go with Savage, Meador or even Ridings.

Latest from Kendall Rogers on A&M and Schloss:

Texas A&M parted ways with long-time head coach Rob Childress a couple of weeks ago, and the Aggies are already well into their coaching search. We listed the candidates for this job as TCU’s Jim Schlossnagle, Tennessee’s Tony Vitello and East Carolina’s Cliff Godwin when our original candidates list came out, and nothing has changed on that front. With all three coaches playing in the postseason, the Aggies will tap the brakes on their coaching search for the next week or so. But the smart money for now is on Schlossnagle, who has had a great deal of success at TCU, but who also has coveted SEC jobs, hence his flirtation with the Mississippi State job a couple of seasons ago. It’s looking more and more like Vitello will stay put at Tennessee this summer, while Schlossnagle cold be making a short drive down Highway 6.

Armadillo

I was just gifted some tickets to the Saturday games. And booked a room at the new Hyatt on campus. I'll be coming up from the people's republic of Austin so it will be nice to escape. I haven't been to a TCU sporting event since the 2019 Football season. Just the daughter and me on this trip. She just turned 16 so if I drink too much beer, which is a given, she can drive!

Does anyone know if Smalls is still tailgating in the Kroger parking lot?

All joking aside, I am really excited.

flyfishingfrog

what is the cost of tuition and fees for an undergrad at atm versus tcu?
in-state is where they have an advantage - even though we give out about grants/academic scholarship at a rate of about 2.5x per student higher than A&M - they start at a total cost of attendance a little over $31k for in state and about $60k for out of state.

While TCU is about $65k regardless of where you are from.

When you add in grants/scholarships - we are still more than $20k a year for an in-state kid but actually cheaper for out of state since really A&M gives very little academic scholarship money in relation to TCU per student. A lot of A&M aid is Pell Grant or other programs aimed at public universities - which don't often benefit baseball players at the same rate as the overall student population.

Thus why we see more kids from out of state at TCU than A&M or actually any public university that has an in-state/out-of-state tuition difference that large.

Pharm Frog

in-state is where they have an advantage - even though we give out about grants/academic scholarship at a rate of about 2.5x per student higher than A&M - they start at a total cost of attendance a little over $31k for in state and about $60k for out of state.

While TCU is about $65k regardless of where you are from.

When you add in grants/scholarships - we are still more than $20k a year for an in-state kid but actually cheaper for out of state since really A&M gives very little academic scholarship money in relation to TCU per student. A lot of A&M aid is Pell Grant or other programs aimed at public universities - which don't often benefit baseball players at the same rate as the overall student population.

Thus why we see more kids from out of state at TCU than A&M or actually any public university that has an in-state/out-of-state tuition difference that large.

When I was working as an admissions director, A&M was able to give “out of state” waivers to students who met certain academic requirements (eg: any academic scholarship). I don’t know how this works today but I do know that my daughter (graduate of an OK high school) had in-state tuition at another public school because she met certain academic criteria.

flyfishingfrog

When I was working as an admissions director, A&M was able to give “out of state” waivers to students who met certain academic requirements (eg: any academic scholarship). I don’t know how this works today but I do know that my daughter (graduate of an OK high school) had in-state tuition at another public school because she met certain academic criteria.
I am sure they have lots of "programs" they can fit kids they really want in just like TCU does.

Not sure how the guaranteed acceptance criteria for Texas high school grads with certain class rank, scores, etc has affected their ability to make exceptions for out of state.

I know that the UT Dean of Admissions whines relentlessly about how restricted they are to accept the volume of out of state students he feels they need to maintain their status as an leader in the country.

Dogfrog

I guess a three hour drive is a short drive. I’m ok with Schloss leaving if that’s what he wants to do but...I will only say I have a kid who is an Aggie alum and I have spent a lot of time down there. I can’t think of a worse place to actually reside. Also can’t think of a worse place to be 50 and single (unless he’s already hooked up). Think I would have pursued MSU when the opportunity was there.

tcumaniac

Texas A&M parted ways with long-time head coach Rob Childress a couple of weeks ago, and the Aggies are already well into their coaching search. We listed the candidates for this job as TCU’s Jim Schlossnagle, Tennessee’s Tony Vitello and East Carolina’s Cliff Godwin when our original candidates list came out, and nothing has changed on that front. With all three coaches playing in the postseason, the Aggies will tap the brakes on their coaching search for the next week or so. But the smart money for now is on Schlossnagle, who has had a great deal of success at TCU, but who also has coveted SEC jobs, hence his flirtation with the Mississippi State job a couple of seasons ago. It’s looking more and more like Vitello will stay put at Tennessee this summer, while Schlossnagle cold be making a short drive down Highway 6.

He's going to need drive south on I-35 for 90 minutes before he even gets to Highway 6, so this already sounds like #fakenews.