• The KillerFrogs

Fort Worth NCAA Regional Thread

Purp

Yeah, but let me ask you this. Was there nothing more glorious than being the team that ended aggies' hopes and season in three consecutive years? Against the best teams in the history of their program?
It would feel even better to end Tech (which we did once already) and UT's chances in Omaha. I don't want Southern to do it. I want TCU to do it.

That's all I'm saying.
I get this. I do. But I always root for Tech and UT to lose every game they play unless they're playing Baylor. I've never understood, nor will I ever, the SEC SEC SEC mentality that roots for a rival over an out-of-conference opponent. I want our rivals to endure harm always; not just when they play us. If we have to be the one to lay waste to their hopes and dreams I'm happy to do so, but I prefer they have no hopes and only bad dreams and that can't happen when they only play us once a season.

So darn UT, darn Tech, and darn Baylor just bc they need to be darned more than anybody.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I get this. I do. But I always root for Tech and UT to lose every game they play unless they're playing Baylor. I've never understood, nor will I ever, the SEC SEC SEC mentality that roots for a rival over an out-of-conference opponent. I want our rivals to endure harm always; not just when they play us. If we have to be the one to lay waste to their hopes and dreams I'm happy to do so, but I prefer they have no hopes and only bad dreams and that can't happen when they only play us once a season.

So darn UT, darn Tech, and darn Baylor just bc they need to be darned more than anybody.
So much this. If they fail and we don’t it elevates us. If we both make playoffs, CWS, whatever, the margin between us is slim. I want all of them to lose everything and for TCU to benefit from their defeat.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Reminds me of the year DBU also hosted a regional and they had more field issues with turf than Lupton did. I recall helicopters in their outfield trying to dry it out and make it playable. Pretty sure we narrowly missed a tornado at the tailgate. Gnarly storm hammered us for 30ish minutes. I'm ready for anything this weekend. Like our players, our tailgating fans have a lot of veterans.
dead fish on the field, where the creek ran over its banks and into the outfield?

Purp

dead fish on the field, where the creek ran over its banks and into the outfield?
They're actually across the street from Mountain Creek Lake (I think that's the name). They definitely had a ton of flooding due to proximity to that body of water.

Punter1

Or San Jose State having a muddy field to slow down LT, when it hadn’t rained in months.

A friend of mine was on staff and he said they couldn't even get in a Friday walk thru because the sprinklers were on full blast...

Darning San Jose St....karma has caught up to them tho...they're an azzhair from being 1-AA...

Paint It Purple

I appreciate the “darns” all around. Never stated better. “Darn” them all.

flyfishingfrog

Any Heefner coached team is gonna rain barrels on any team they play. It’s just his MO.
I get that - they always hit well but tend to hit a lot better at their own stadium than away - and their numbers are higher this year than most years.

So is that because they are truly a better hitting team than most years or is it more because they are playing at home a lot and against a lot higher percentage of teams that are below the level of talent they see when DBU gets to play out of conference games.

Spike

So is DBU as good as their numbers or has the lack of out of conference play and an abundance of home games inflated their numbers?

They are usually fundamentally solid. Won't make many errors. In our Omaha years we beat them. In non Omaha years not so much, so they are a good measuring stick. They won the FW regional once in 2011. Also been here for regionals in 2014 and 2017.

This year they played 4 conference games a week and no midweek this year. Schloss is well aware to not sleep on them.

flyfishingfrog

They are usually fundamentally solid. Won't make many errors. In our Omaha years we beat them. In non Omaha years not so much, so they are a good measuring stick. They won the FW regional once in 2011. Also been here for regionals in 2014 and 2017.

This year they played 4 conference games a week and no midweek this year. Schloss is well aware to not sleep on them.
So In other words you don’t know the answer to my question