• The KillerFrogs

Foreboding Situation....

Mean Purple

He's so tough on his players for making mistakes, we as fans have the same right to question his coaching.
stop. the problem is that he is NOT as tough in his players anymore.

multiple previous players who have attended practice have mentioned that.

somebody sold gary on the [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] that you have to be soft amd worry about feelings with the newer generation. that's a bad way to handle it.

look, no denying this generation is loaded with a bunch of manbun wearing powder asses, but they need to be taught that no longer flies when they step into the program.

HToady

I don’t think we have the big cigars anymore. No more Dick Lowe’s or ex letterman with millions that can call the shots. I haven’t heard a donors name associated with TCU in several years now. Do we still have guys like this? If not, then nothing is going to change

I don’t think we have the big cigars anymore. No more Dick Lowe’s or ex letterman with millions that can call the shots. I haven’t heard a donors name associated with TCU in several years now. Do we still have guys like this? If not, then nothing is going to change
What about the Hunt and Perot kids?

Westsider

The ones that I know in that group are actually fairly good friends with GP and would rather wait for him to make the decision to leave. Don’t know the King fellow at all. The Hunt and Perot kids haven’t earned their stripes yet.

ticketfrog123

The ones that I know in that group are actually fairly good friends with GP and would rather wait for him to make the decision to leave. Don’t know the King fellow at all. The Hunt and Perot kids haven’t earned their stripes yet.
Do the hunt and Perot kids have an affiliation with TCU? Always thought the elder ones was more of a philanthropy angle

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
The only time I have heard the phrase "tinker's damn" has been in courtrooms... first time the judge said that opposing counsel's argument was not worth a tinker's damn I had to cold take on whether that was a good thing or a bad thing (for us).

Anyways, lovely phrase, carry on.

Not to be pedantic but it’s “tinker’s dam.”

If we go back to 1877, in the Practical Dictionary of Mechanics, Edward Knight puts forward this definition: "Tinker's-dam - a wall of dough raised around a place which a plumber desires to flood with a coat of solder. The material can be but once used; being consequently thrown away as worthless."

Not to be pedantic but it’s “tinker’s dam.”

If we go back to 1877, in the Practical Dictionary of Mechanics, Edward Knight puts forward this definition: "Tinker's-dam - a wall of dough raised around a place which a plumber desires to flood with a coat of solder. The material can be but once used; being consequently thrown away as worthless."
I will be the first to admit that I am a horrible writer, but that one was on autocorrect. I do appreciate the background - did not know that.