• The KillerFrogs

Football Season Tix renewal

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Not enough to notice. I think you might get more points just by donating $50.

Thinking of it, you might get more points just by donating the cost of the season tickets than actually buying the tickets and showing up. Have not calculated that yet.
Resolved: The Re-Seating was a slap in the face to very nearly all long-time Season Ticket holders. It's over and done with. Section V ain't coming back. Greed, stupidity and short-sightedness were the order of the day, and many are still pissed off about it 10 years down the line. I'm one of them.

But, as I said. It is done. Can't fix it now. All they can do is try to and repair things, and what they've done with yanking the chain of the StubHub Brigade is a step in the right direction which was long overdue.

Endless Purple

Resolved: The Re-Seating was a slap in the face to very nearly all long-time Season Ticket holders. It's over and done with. Section V ain't coming back. Greed, stupidity and short-sightedness were the order of the day, and many are still pissed off about it 10 years down the line. I'm one of them.

But, as I said. It is done. Can't fix it now. All they can do is try to and repair things, and what they've done with yanking the chain of the StubHub Brigade is a step in the right direction which was long overdue.
Ummmm My post had nothing to do with the reseating. Not sure why you quoted me. I have not complained about it , well, ever.....

BrewingFrog

Ummmm My post had nothing to do with the reseating. Not sure why you quoted me. I have not complained about it , well, ever.....
The Points and all the related items are products of the Re-Seating. It is what began all this, and what they are just now beginning to rectify.

I read your prior two posts, and it seemed to me that this matter was at the heart of your lament. Evidently, I was mistaken.

Bob Sugar

that is not showing up - that is spending money. Our stadiums are pretty empty, if they wanted them full - they would give you additional points for actually using your seats not just buying them
If they wanted it full, they’d sit in on the first days of micro-economics 101, where the professor explains how supply/demand works. Here, supply in the 300s and 400s is fixed. Demand dictates a lower price than they charge for those sections.

As for the premium seats, I think they should do what they do for some hoops games. If the seats are unoccupied after the first 10:00, students with a valid ID can go sit there. If the ticket holders show up, the students have to move. Would solve the WS lower bowl problem.

Endless Purple

The Points and all the related items are products of the Re-Seating. It is what began all this, and what they are just now beginning to rectify.

I read your prior two posts, and it seemed to me that this matter was at the heart of your lament. Evidently, I was mistaken.
I am just concerned about moving forward. The +4 never bothered me.

I have not paid close attention over the years, as I am satisfied with my seat location, but looking recently. It struck me as contradictory that they will give you more "reward" or "recognition" for just donating money over actually being a fan at the game.

In a period where athletic departments seemed concerned about attendance going down, it strikes me as funny in an odd way. It is not a way to build loyalty in fans which is essential to successful college football. IMO. Also with the NIL format now coming out, it seems even more of a money grab which will chase off more fans that just want to be fans,

As part of the people that are contemplating the value of season tickets, this seems like poor management by athletic departments. (note I did not specify TCU only)

Maybe schools should just build a new stadium with only a couple thousand very expensive seats and 300 spots for TVs and just have fans do an immersive TV watch from home, while piping in crowd noise.

BrewingFrog

I am just concerned about moving forward. The +4 never bothered me.

I have not paid close attention over the years, as I am satisfied with my seat location, but looking recently. It struck me as contradictory that they will give you more "reward" or "recognition" for just donating money over actually being a fan at the game.

In a period where athletic departments seemed concerned about attendance going down, it strikes me as funny in an odd way. It is not a way to build loyalty in fans which is essential to successful college football. IMO. Also with the NIL format now coming out, it seems even more of a money grab which will chase off more fans that just want to be fans,

As part of the people that are contemplating the value of season tickets, this seems like poor management by athletic departments. (note I did not specify TCU only)

Maybe schools should just build a new stadium with only a couple thousand very expensive seats and 300 spots for TVs and just have fans do an immersive TV watch from home, while piping in crowd noise.
For my part, and not to re-hash a lot of the past, I got tossed from inside the 45 to outside the 20s, was surrounded by oppo fans every game, and quickly lost interest in the 280-mile drive for games. We moved to the West Side, and further from midfield in 2014. Though there have been some upgrades offered, they really weren't. So, we've been in those seats for 5 years.

A lot of the old-time season ticket people got thrown to the Outer Darkness by this move, the limited time-horizon of the "Loyalty" aspect, and also by the consolidation of a lot of big ticket-holder accounts. Thus, a lot of that feeling of reciprocal loyalty was burned. The people who lived and breathed TCU Football, but didn't have a bunch of money to throw around were kicked to the curb in favor of the money. Money is fickle. And the truly loyal fans no longer feel that way.

I played golf at an Alumni/Athletics event before all this happened, and I warned the TCU rep playing with us not to emulate the NFL in their treatment of fans as just something to shake down periodically. That warning fell on deaf ears.

We are witnessing the death of what we used to know as College Football. They are trying to squeeze every penny they can out of us, for a diminishing product. Eventually, more and more people simply quit and stay home. I am just about there.

tcumaniac

For my part, and not to re-hash a lot of the past, I got tossed from inside the 45 to outside the 20s, was surrounded by oppo fans every game, and quickly lost interest in the 280-mile drive for games. We moved to the West Side, and further from midfield in 2014. Though there have been some upgrades offered, they really weren't. So, we've been in those seats for 5 years.

A lot of the old-time season ticket people got thrown to the Outer Darkness by this move, the limited time-horizon of the "Loyalty" aspect, and also by the consolidation of a lot of big ticket-holder accounts. Thus, a lot of that feeling of reciprocal loyalty was burned. The people who lived and breathed TCU Football, but didn't have a bunch of money to throw around were kicked to the curb in favor of the money. Money is fickle. And the truly loyal fans no longer feel that way.

I played golf at an Alumni/Athletics event before all this happened, and I warned the TCU rep playing with us not to emulate the NFL in their treatment of fans as just something to shake down periodically. That warning fell on deaf ears.

We are witnessing the death of what we used to know as College Football. They are trying to squeeze every penny they can out of us, for a diminishing product. Eventually, more and more people simply quit and stay home. I am just about there.
I had the unique opportunity of getting to know CDC fairly well while I was a student at TCU. I brought this up to him countless times while the fundraising, stadium design, and ultimately, reseating process was being determined. He couldn't have given less of a scheiss. The long term consequences were irrelevant to him, because he knew he wouldn't have to deal with it.

Endless Purple

Sounds like your in the group I reference that I feel bad for that got it worse than me. I understand your reaction.

I had front row 30 yd line in the upper deck which I liked. Fortunately, I like where I am at now, so the +4 did not affect me much. Also I knew I would not be getting seats in the donation sections, so I expected corners. I can stand all game if I want to, Not too high up, but I have the sun to deal with. Not too hard yet on me.

I agree, they need to watch how much further they can push regular fans.

Another thought is also for those of us that drive from further away, we will probably be dropping off the season ticket holder list sooner. Maybe consider some show of appreciation like a tent or something pre-game for dedicated fans from over 100 miles away.

BrewingFrog

Sounds like your in the group I reference that I feel bad for that got it worse than me. I understand your reaction.

I had front row 30 yd line in the upper deck which I liked. Fortunately, I like where I am at now, so the +4 did not affect me much. Also I knew I would not be getting seats in the donation sections, so I expected corners. I can stand all game if I want to, Not too high up, but I have the sun to deal with. Not too hard yet on me.

I agree, they need to watch how much further they can push regular fans.

Another thought is also for those of us that drive from further away, we will probably be dropping off the season ticket holder list sooner. Maybe consider some show of appreciation like a tent or something pre-game for dedicated fans from over 100 miles away.
All I ask for is a cold beer in the shade...

mc1502

Priority point question. Do points ever go away if one stops contributing? I purchased season tickets for over two decades, was pretty high on the PP ranking (sub 1,000), but due to family matters (Frog parents passed away, kids went off to college...) stopped contributing and buying tickets five or six years ago. Can I now use those old points to get in line for new season tickets?

Last edited:

Frog92

Priority point question. Do points ever go away if one stops contributing? I purchased season tickets for over two decades, was pretty high on the PP ranking (sub 1,000), but due to family matters (Frog parents passed away, kids went off to college...) stopped contributing and buying tickets five or six years ago. Can I now use those old points to get in line for new season tickets?
I may be wrong, but I believe they are a rolling 10 years for most categories.

PurpleBlood87

I bought my two tickets.
I use to have people go with me but now they have their own season tickets.
So I'm stuck in this loop now purchasing two tickets because they won't allow me to drop to one ticket and remain where I am. They won't let you leave a lone empty seat.
I like my seat and enjoy the people I sit around. But I sure wish I could just purchase one ticket.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
So I'm stuck in this loop now purchasing two tickets because they won't allow me to drop to one ticket and remain where I am. They won't let you leave a lone empty seat.
Are you sure about the lone empty seat problem? I was able to pick up a lone empty seat down in 102 last season. It was the only seat available in the entire row.