• The KillerFrogs

Football Season Tix renewal

FrogBall09

Alumni / large donors who scooped up a ton and are reselling
Wait - you think the large donors that have big groups of tickets did it so they could make
Money reselling?

Yeah - I bet Rusty is raking it in with the hundred seats his company has that sit empty most games….

That issue is having a hard discussion with a bunch of guys that wrote really big checks and consolidated their dozens of seats in the old stadium to a smaller set of locations

But they are too busy and have too many seats to spend time ensuring they are used by frogs each game

There is no easy answer at this point unfortunately but it does suck they are empty so often

Dogfrog

Wait - you think the large donors that have big groups of tickets did it so they could make
Money reselling?

Yeah - I bet Rusty is raking it in with the hundred seats his company has that sit empty most games….

That issue is having a hard discussion with a bunch of guys that wrote really big checks and consolidated their dozens of seats in the old stadium to a smaller set of locations

But they are too busy and have too many seats to spend time ensuring they are used by frogs each game

There is no easy answer at this point unfortunately but it does suck they are empty so often
Trying to remember the reseating format. I think the first group of club members got their club seats plus their prior number of non club seats (up to ten?) +4.

So club folks could keep / buy up to 14 non club seats. This was justified on the basis if they didn’t like the club they would have other seats to fall back on.

However, there were people who bought hundreds of seats back in the Committee of 100 days in the 90’s who I assume could keep those if they didn’t buy club seats. No idea how many of those are still around.

I’m sure there were also special deals made.

Putt4Purple

Money reselling?

Serious question. Who is Rusty?

FrogBall09

Trying to remember the reseating format. I think the first group of club members got their club seats plus their prior number of non club seats (up to ten?) +4.

So club folks could keep / buy up to 14 non club seats. This was justified on the basis if they didn’t like the club they would have other seats to fall back on.

However, there were people who bought hundreds of seats back in the Committee of 100 days in the 90’s who I assume could keep those if they didn’t buy club seats. No idea how many of those are still around.

I’m sure there were also special deals made.
Large individual and corporate donors didn’t have the same rules the rest of us had - they had seats allocated before the rest of us got to pick through the website

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
For my part, and not to re-hash a lot of the past, I got tossed from inside the 45 to outside the 20s, was surrounded by oppo fans every game, and quickly lost interest in the 280-mile drive for games. We moved to the West Side, and further from midfield in 2014. Though there have been some upgrades offered, they really weren't. So, we've been in those seats for 5 years.

A lot of the old-time season ticket people got thrown to the Outer Darkness by this move, the limited time-horizon of the "Loyalty" aspect, and also by the consolidation of a lot of big ticket-holder accounts. Thus, a lot of that feeling of reciprocal loyalty was burned. The people who lived and breathed TCU Football, but didn't have a bunch of money to throw around were kicked to the curb in favor of the money. Money is fickle. And the truly loyal fans no longer feel that way.

I played golf at an Alumni/Athletics event before all this happened, and I warned the TCU rep playing with us not to emulate the NFL in their treatment of fans as just something to shake down periodically. That warning fell on deaf ears.

We are witnessing the death of what we used to know as College Football. They are trying to squeeze every penny they can out of us, for a diminishing product. Eventually, more and more people simply quit and stay home. I am just about there.
Same. Was under the old overhang right about the 50. Now at about he 10, surrounded by oppo fans with some moron screaming at me through a PA that would be clearly audible south of I-20 to shout GO FROGS and blasting “Wecome to the Jungle” which was barely tolerable when it was new in the late 80s.

FrogBall09

guess i am not as surprised simply because if you have 150 tickets - I would think it would be almost impossible to distribute even a half of those consistently. But I also would doubt someone that has the money to get to that level of donor did it for a profit - would think they are selling them to offset their losses where possible and potentially just told sold someone to figure it out, which results in listing them on the school approved resale site.

Killing the resale ability directly connected to our own gofrogs.com website would stop a bunch of this immediately.

Again - that would have been a really obvious outcome when TCU originally did the reseating - but before the new stadium nobody cared

and during the fund raising, you could have asked CDC for the suit of his back and he would have stripped naked for the check - so nobody cared then either.

However - I am 100% positive they did not take away those donors accounts in total. More likely told them you can keep a reduced amount of seats because you keep selling a bunch

Spike

Same. Was under the old overhang right about the 50. Now at about he 10, surrounded by oppo fans with some moron screaming at me through a PA that would be clearly audible south of I-20 to shout GO FROGS and blasting “Wecome to the Jungle” which was barely tolerable when it was new in the late 80s.

Not bad seats for someone who doesn't exist and whose primary claim to fame is something we can't talk about.

Seriously though I feel your pain.

NewFrogFan

Were there any ticket resellers in the Club Level or just corporate owners who give their tickets out to anyone in the company?
Sections 103-106 have as many opposing team fans as TCU most of the time, meaning the seats are probably sold. In addition those seats always bring in much better prices than anything in 234.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Not fair to dykes but with people caring less after Covid + OU/Texas leaving - he needs a big year in the W column to keep people engaged

Otherwise the NIL issues
drives a wedge between the haves and have nots
Curious.
Define “big year”.
Personally I’d be ok with 7 W’s this year.
Anything more is undeserved gravy I’d be equally happy to lap up (with biscuits).