• The KillerFrogs

Fire Sonny Dykes

Cfrog1985

Ticket Exchange Pass
I think you have to give Sonny this entire year and all of next year to fix it. His coordinators should be fired as soon as you can confirm commitment with someone else.

puckster59

Dykes was smart enough last year to stay out of the way of a team run by some serious leaders. That’s what this team lacks most. And that’s when you need a coach/coaching staff who can capably shift gears and be what the team needs. Is that in Dykes’ wheelhouse in particular? I know Big 12 referees are (fill in the blank). But I think a young team (in terms of leadership) needs a coach on the sideline, not someone screaming at officials for three hours. (And this occurred to me most strongly when reading about what the Rangers players say about Bruce Bochy being so even-keeled and a calming, reassuring presence.)

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Dykes was smart enough last year to stay out of the way of a team run by some serious leaders. That’s what this team lacks most. And that’s when you need a coach/coaching staff who can capably shift gears and be what the team needs. Is that in Dykes’ wheelhouse in particular? I know Big 12 referees are (fill in the blank). But I think a young team (in terms of leadership) needs a coach on the sideline, not someone screaming at officials for three hours. (And this occurred to me most strongly when reading about what the Rangers players say about Bruce Bochy being so even-keeled and a calming, reassuring presence.)
The Rangers players are right. Think about how many times GP was screaming like a lunatic on the sidelines those last couple of seasons and how those teams ended up.

Toad Jones

Apparently that is the quiet excuse at the expense of others
Humans say college football is now a full-blown business and has to be treated as such. So much of the enrolment, new facilities, compensation etc., this school enjoys has come from the football program's success, to retard that success will kill any business/sport that it has enjoyed and accomplished through millions of dollars donated. I really can't explain to myself why this conversation is even spoken.

StinnettFrog

I’ll go out on a limb and say Dykes knows more about football and this team than any of us on the board. While I really like what I see from Hoover it’s a small sample size. Maybe Hoover is one of those who shine brightest in game action. Dykes wants to win games so he isn’t going to deliberately leave the better player on the bench. Tough season so far after how great everything went last year. Have some patience.

BleedNPurple

I’ll go out on a limb and say Dykes knows more about football and this team than any of us on the board. While I really like what I see from Hoover it’s a small sample size. Maybe Hoover is one of those who shine brightest in game action. Dykes wants to win games so he isn’t going to deliberately leave the better player on the bench. Tough season so far after how great everything went last year. Have some patience.
I think the team has not been putting out their best effort this season maybe because they knew there was a better QB on the bench who wasn’t playing. It seems the players unanimously favor Hoover and respect his leadership. Morris really hasn’t shown much in games since that one Baylor game 2 seasons ago. He may be a practice wonder but on game day the team plays flat with him under center.