• The KillerFrogs

Fire Kendal Briles

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
I don't know if there is enough D-line (or LB) talent on this team to have a "good" defense. I don't think there's one guy in that front 6 who is even registering on NFL radars, and that is a huge problem. You gotta have some dudes up there wreaking some havoc. So we're behind the 8-ball until we fix the personnel issues there. I know we had a couple freshman that were highly sought after but I don't think they really saw the field much at all this year....I guess they weren't ready.

Anyway, I really don't think it's a scheme problem, it's more what you do out of that scheme. You can rush the passer like hell out of a 3-3-5, you just have to bring some of the middle 3 a lot.
That would be sweet if it was just a scheme problem. Just dial in the correct alignment and presto, we’re formidable again. Look no further than Patterson’s 4-2-5. When he had the right kids it was downright dangerous. When he didn’t, it was dog doo-doo. For all I know, the 3-3-5 might be just what we need. I don’t want to throw the baby out with the bath water.

swcfrog

We have an OC capable of crafting an offense.

Nobody should ever use the word "decent" and "Briles" in the same sentence.
We don’t need low rent slime(son of slime) on our campus. Dumbest thing Dykes ever did was hire someone who never succeeded in his position.

OICU812

Last weekend I went to the barn to fire up the Gator to take to the pasture. scheissing dead battery. . .
That night, drive up to Mexia to the Tractor supply to get a new battery, and a set of wrenches to make the swap. Next morning put in the new better, get ‘er cranked and, flat tire.
Air up the tire, drive it up to the repair shop, where they put in no fewer than 12 plugs. Drive it to the pasture and back, park it in the barn. Next morning, ready to take the dog and go slay some ducks. . . Tire down on the scheissing ground.

Thanks, Briles.

By my quick research, OU, UT, KU and BYU are the only current Big XII teams that DON'T run some form of 335.
Next year, Arizona will join the ranks of conference foes running the 335. KU, BYU, ASU and Utah will be our only conference foes that DON'T run 335.
Now maybe Gillespie stays in his base 335 more than the rest??? Others may bring a backer closer to the LOS more often than we do???
That's because JG has no concept of how to run a 3-4 properly. His 3-4 is nothing more than a prevent defense that is normally run late in a game when you are up by 3 touchdowns. His philosophy appears to be one of being passive rather than aggressive.

Latest posts