• The KillerFrogs

Fire Kendal Briles

Diehard

Also, this is a schematically completely different offense than what they ran at Baylor in those days. I’m sure there are some concepts that have remained from Baylor, but on the whole, it doesn’t resemble it at all as far as I can tell. And I’m not just talking about how good it is/isn’t.
PLUS..... Defenses have learned how to scheme against it. Kind of like they did against Gary's defense.

HornedFroginAustin

That doesn’t make me feel any better.

What exactly were we supposed to be getting when we hired him?
Looking at BU was the wrong move, as he was simply continuing an offense developed and executed by two other co-offensive coordinators. The 2008-2015 was not a Kendal Briles O. Art, Montgomery and Clements developed it and successfully ran it from 08-14. Kendal took it over in 15.

tetonfrog

To me, our FG drive was the perfect example of our confusing offensive philosophy. Bailey rips a big run to get us to the red zone. What happens then? Three pass incompletions and a FG............I still don't understand the playcalling there. We have a young QB making his first start on the road, our best offensive player is Bailey, and we do what?

Looking at BU was the wrong move, as he was simply continuing an offense developed and executed by two other co-offensive coordinators. The 2008-2015 was not a Kendal Briles O. Art, Montgomery and Clements developed it and successfully ran it from 08-14. Kendal took it over in 15.
That’s what I said. We didn’t get the Art Briles offense. We got something else, and I’m not sure anyone knows what it really is except fast-paced.

Ron Swanson

That doesn’t make me feel any better.

What exactly were we supposed to be getting when we hired him?
He’s evolved quite a bite in his 3-4 stops since Baylor.

I’m starting to think there’s a reason he’s taking a new job every other year, kinda like an employee who’s always jumping to a new job… he’s not that good and he stays just long enough for everyone to realize it and then bails for a new gig acting like it’s because the grass is greener.

HornedFroginAustin

That’s what I said. We didn’t get the Art Briles offense. We got something else, and I’m not sure anyone knows what it really is except fast-paced.
Is this fast paced? Sometimes it seems it is. Sometimes it is if there is no clock and they are playing street ball. They throw lateral. They might as well throw backward. They do not take points when they should. They throw when it seems odd. They run when it seems odd. It is just ugly. I feel like we have a sack with random plays in it and KB (tapefingers) just pulls out a random play each time.

HornedFroginAustin

I’m starting to think there’s a reason he’s taking a new job every other year, kinda like an employee who’s always jumping to a new job… he’s not that good and he stays just long enough for everyone to realize it and then bails for a new gig acting like it’s because the grass is greener.
Or he jumps because the time is leaner. He is not that good.

NewFrogFan

To me, our FG drive was the perfect example of our confusing offensive philosophy. Bailey rips a big run to get us to the red zone. What happens then? Three pass incompletions and a FG............I still don't understand the playcalling there. We have a young QB making his first start on the road, our best offensive player is Bailey, and we do what?
This has happened several times this year.

Hemingway

One step ahead of a bad evaluation

NewFrogFan

I used to go watch those Sville teams when he was a QB, I would never think his player skills would not transfer to decent coaching skills.

Tidbit….my grandsons best friend when they lived in Shreveport was and still is, Briggs Berlin. For those that remember his father Brock at Evangel Christian Academy, he put up some wins and nums. It was pure magic watching him coach my grandsons team. He did not go into coaching, but I always wonder what he could have done.

FrogCop19

World's greatest slight of hand tweet I've ever seen! LOL

Fire Magic GIF by America's Got Talent

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
Briles is stupider than a sack of fckn hammers

Spike

We lost to best team in the country in that NC game. Yesterday we were utterly uncompetitive against a conference opponent that we should have better talent than.
I don't disagree with your point but the point I was trying to make was about the offensive scheme. KSU has always had what I call a macho offense, not a bunch of cuteness.